**** Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Thread ****

Associate
Alpha product and lets get something like a PDMG in 4K Etc running.

Good news most modern AMD and Intel chips at about six cores up shouldn’t have issues.

Soldato
Ok. That's just gone over the magic 15GB mark, and I heard that airports with lots going on are going into the 20s so that's a definite for more memory needed then.

Yes in a busy airport and more complex aircraft I've seen 20gb+ usage.

Couple that with some flight planning/tracking software running in the background too and a Web browser you're easily using a heck of a lot.

Soldato
Looking at new Graphics Cards, if spending around £350-400 which would be the best to go for ?

I’d personally wait a couple of months for the new cards, but if you can’t then 2070S or 5700XT will both do a good job with this game and can be found in that price bracket.

I don’t know specifically how the 5700XT performs in this game relative to the 2070S. Of the two I’d probably now pick the 5700XT (I’ve got a 2070S personally) as it’s usually able to be found a smidge cheaper and is seemingly getting better and better with the latest driver updates as AMD is finally figuring out how to extract the most out of them. That’s unless you have games that could really benefit from DLSS or raytracing for example, in which case the 2070S would have the edge.

But again, if you can I would really recommend holding out just a couple of months - Nvidia’s new cards are rumoured for September and AMD’s for October/November. Whether you go for one of the new cards or pick up a great deal on the outgoing cards, either way you’ll get significantly more bang for the buck at that point.

Soldato
I would seriously doubt it, you don't own any of the titles you access via Game Pass, you are essentially renting them, and they can be pulled at any point at the descretion of MS. I'm pretty sure you would actually need to own a copy of the sim in order to be able to upgrade it. I imagine that upgrades for purchased copies will be avilable from the storefornt, but MS have said it will be more cost effective to get the version you want rather than upgrade at a later date.

You can buy DLC for Game Pass titles. I own the Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate Add-Ons Bundle despite not owning the base game.

The statement on the FAQ is pretty meaningless. All they have to do to make it true is sell the DLC for £70. That would make the UE £10 cheaper than buying the base game and DLC. But if you have Game Pass, you'd save £50 by just buying the DLC, and would simply have to accept that if the base game drops off Game Pass, then you'll need to buy it. But that moment could be years away, by which point the base game may be quite cheap. As an Xbox Game Studios title, I'll be surprised if this isn't on GP for ages (I can't think of an Xbox published game that has dropped off yet TBH).

Back
Top Bottom