• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 3 (5000 Series), rumored 17% IPC gain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I doubt Renoir will be faster than Matisse. Otherwise it would make the XT line a waste of time for a start. Renoir would have to be crippled in some way to hold it back and it's reduced L3 cache size would be the ideal way to do that, as well as cutting costs. Although I'm sure that some benchmark scenarios will make Renoir a strong contender.

Soldato
They are just 3000 series chips with GFX

I think you are confused, they are Zen2 based CCD's with a completely new monolithic die, and yes they have a GPU on-board. The interest comes in the fact they are low wattage parts that can achieve higher single core and all-core speeds, and offer better memory latency as they seem to have a much better opportunity to increase the IF/BCLK beyond 2000MHz. Also given the relatively low cost for the 6c/12t part (less than OCUK are charging for an R5 3600) it makes them better value for those not wanting to splurge on a discrete GPU. :)

Caporegime
I doubt Renoir will be faster than Matisse. Otherwise it would make the XT line a waste of time for a start. Renoir would have to be crippled in some way to hold it back and it's reduced L3 cache size would be the ideal way to do that, as well as cutting costs. Although I'm sure that some benchmark scenarios will make Renoir a strong contender.

Who knows.... i would be interested to see how it does in gaming, the 3300X is much faster per clock with half (16MB) the L3 Cache, that has a single CCX but the memory controller is still on a separate die, the IO die.

Renoir has half again (8MB) and 2 CCX's but the memory controller is on the die.

Associate
If the rumours are true and 2000MHz on mem can be expected, there’s going to be a lot of old RAM kits on the MM.

That was the reason I purchased the Patriot Viper Steel 4400mhz kick when I built this PC. That and the motherboard are probably the only bits that won't be upgraded.

Soldato
I've already tested my team group 3200/14 kit and 4400 works on my B450. That was why I paid a bit extra for some decent B-die so I was covered if the fclk got a bump on zen 3.

Associate
4x less l3 cache

Still 2x4core but this time only 2x4MB l3 instead of 2x16MB

get
get
get

Associate
4x less l3 cache

Still 2x4core but this time only 2x4MB l3 instead of 2x16MB
Unexpected performance scaling with memory speed. Having low L3 really makes it memory dependant.
Also unexpected tiny gains from all-core 4.5GHz overclock. The games must be using only 1 core fully, so it boosts to 4.4GHzish in non-OC mode anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom