Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
564324939ba7b504d2be073527991ee9.jpg

a7e36384ed7f125e7955d182f1c5511d.jpg

0e4d450e0d1200c0cc0f8d2bf8387493.jpg

I need to learn to park :|

Soldato
@grudas Is that one of those cars which has a whole in the passenger seat that folds own so the rear passenger can sleep in it ?

Toyota-Century-Pass-Through-Seat-e1396140737991.jpg

That would be the century :) mine is the "crown" so one below the presidential level haha! They often do come with the granny seat covers :D

What a lovely Polo.

And lol at the sterotypical car scene muppet with his hood half on his head. :D

Chill fighter :) nobody cares how people dress :D

Caporegime
Thats so they can poke their legs through for comfort, not sure about sleeping, I guess they could!

And thats a Toyota Century with the seat hole I believe, Grudas' is a Crown.

That would be the century :) mine is the "crown" so one below the presidential level haha! They often do come with the granny seat covers :D

How dare you answer a question directed at you before I can. :p

Caporegime
It is funny how cultures are so different. Cloth seats are seen as a sign of wealth in Japan and the market over there just prefers them. Over here we just have a facination over black leather and when you look at it impartially leather makes no sence what so ever unless you have kids because it is easy to clean.

Soldato
It is funny how cultures are so different. Cloth seats are seen as a sign of wealth in Japan and the market over there just prefers them. Over here we just have a facination over black leather and when you look at it impartially leather makes no sence what so ever unless you have kids because it is easy to clean.
if you look at the history of leather.. it is in japan often seen on front seat only, where the "dirty" driver would sit :D

I actually prefer cloth in the car! nice in the summer and nice in the winter. Harder to keep clean obviously.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Nearly owned this car 2 years, time has flown by. It will be 3 years old in September and I'll likely extend the warranty. I do keep flirting with the idea of a tuning box from MTM to boost performance to 330ps, but I've read these aren't untraceable like the marketing would have you believe, so no good to run with warranty. If I wasn't worried about warranty I'd probably get a Revo stage 1 which is similar power.

DSCF8877.jpg

Soldato
Nearly owned this car 2 years, time has flown by. It will be 3 years old in September and I'll likely extend the warranty. I do keep flirting with the idea of a tuning box from MTM to boost performance to 330ps, but I've read these aren't untraceable like the marketing would have you believe, so no good to run with warranty. If I wasn't worried about warranty I'd probably get a Revo stage 1 which is similar power.

DSCF8877.jpg
I've had a tuning box on my A4 for two years, and many have also. Never actually read of any factual cases of them being detected unless there were physical signs of them being fitted. Don't belive the doomsayers as dtuk have fitted them to their test cars which have been returned undetected to Audi..

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I've had a tuning box on my A4 for two years, and many have also. Never actually read of any factual cases of them being detected unless there were physical signs of them being fitted. Don't belive the doomsayers as dtuk have fitted them to their test cars which have been returned undetected to Audi..

That's what I thought, but I do wonder if your engine or gearbox grenaded itself and Audi looked into the logs... they may find some figures to support things being above baseline.

Did you go with DTUK? The MTM one connects directly to the ECU and looks to be the easiest to add/remove - http://www.qstuning.com/home/28-mtm-m-cantronic.html

Man of Honour
That's what I thought, but I do wonder if your engine or gearbox grenaded itself and Audi looked into the logs... they may find some figures to support things being above baseline.

Did you go with DTUK? The MTM one connects directly to the ECU and looks to be the easiest to add/remove - http://www.qstuning.com/home/28-mtm-m-cantronic.html

I wouldn't chance it if you're worried about warranty. The depth of monitoring a modern ECU does is quite frankly dumbfounding.

I absolutely wouldn't put it past the manufactures to be logging events they consider normal. Nissan started doing it over a decade ago with the GTR

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I wouldn't chance it if you're worried about warranty. The depth of monitoring a modern ECU does is quite frankly dumbfounding.

I absolutely wouldn't put it past the manufactures to be logging events they consider normal. Nissan started doing it over a decade ago with the GTR

My brother is a master technician for VW HQ and explained that if the engine sees a fault it logs pretty much all parameters at the time of the fault for review. He even explained that someone had gone as far as clearing logs/codes to cover up a tune but it still left telltale signs.

Soldato
It's one of those things - no one will even consider checking when you go in for your warranty repair on your dodgy O2 sensor that's cost a couple of hundred quid.

If your turbo disintegrates and spews metal through your engine and renders the entire thing useless, that's when they'll put a bit more time and effort into checking everything is above board and is also exactly the same scenario you wouldn't want to be landed with the bill.

My personal take on it is if you want a warrantied car, leave it standard. The manufacturer / warranty supplier are saying it'll be fault free or repaired FOC on the understanding it's operating to the parameters it was designed for. To me it feels like it's bordering on fraudulent to modify a car, hide it from the manufacturer/warranty supplier and expect them to still pick up their end of the bargain (potentially for a lot of money) when you've been taking the **** on your side of the deal.

Back
Top Bottom