The last game you completed, and rating.

Associate
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.

9/10 Amazing game.

The DLC is pretty solid to, personally A Criminal Past DLC was amazing, you can tell it was made a bit after the game as the acting and voice acting were far superior to the base game and other DLC's.

Permabanned
I might get this, it is only a few quid!
Ive been playing games since 1980 mate, played 1000s of games over the years and have owned loads of 8,16,32 and 64 bit consoles and computers. Im not easily pleased as ive seen and played a lot. Mad Max gripped me from start to finish, loved every minute of it and i highly recommend it.

I have Witcher 3 and RDR 2 although ive only played them for 15 minutes each i know they are great games however and i will get round to playing them but like i said Mad Max gripped me from start to finish.

Currently know playing KSP and GTA Online

Soldato
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey 9/10.

Just completed the main story line, some 120 hours, and thoroughly enjoyed it. I’ve played all AC games but this is the first one I’ve completed in a long time. Played as Kassandra and thought Melissanthi Mahut was excellent as the character, though watching Eurovision as I type and seeing her in it with that voice seems strange.

Got the Atlantis DLC to play, already completed the first DLC, and then I shall go back a game and carry on playing Origins.

Soldato
Alien Isolation ,for the second time! Very tense, probably won't play again. Second time it just dragged out too much. 7/10
Excellent for a first time play though. 10/10

Now playing Plague:Age of innocence.

Last edited:
Soldato
Doom 2016

9/10 Just finished the campaign on ‘hurt me plenty’. Brilliant fun and I’m not usually that into FPS. Ending a bit disappointing though. I reckon you’ve seen pretty much everything by 2/3 the way through and the set piece battles get a bit samey. Probably something a higher difficulty level would fix but I’ve not got the dedication.

Soldato
Shadow of the Tomb Raider - 7.5/10
Thought it was fairly enjoyable but very similar to the previous games in the series. Found it a bit annoying that control gets taken away from you quite a lot and a lot of cut scenes (which might not bother you). Action was fairly fun and platforming mostly was. I found on the platforming that the camera/control system was quite janky. There was one section where I died about 15 times (no exaggeration) even though I knew where I wanted to jump to the camera position and movement relative to the camera meant I missed it several times.

Graphics on character models were slightly disappointing, I found that Lara looked quite unnatural due to the way her hair is animated and she looked almost plastic when rain was falling on her face. In other places the game can look spectacular.

The good thing about this game is there are some good set pieces and at times you feel like you're really exploring some ancient sites.

I don't think I'd be bothered about another game which is partly why I waited so long to play this one.

Associate
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey 9/10.

Just completed the main story line, some 120 hours, and thoroughly enjoyed it. I’ve played all AC games but this is the first one I’ve completed in a long time. Played as Kassandra and thought Melissanthi Mahut was excellent as the character, though watching Eurovision as I type and seeing her in it with that voice seems strange.

Got the Atlantis DLC to play, already completed the first DLC, and then I shall go back a game and carry on playing Origins.

I also just finished this after a similar amount of time. I didn't use fast travel until I'd passed the 100 hour mark. I enjoyed it much more than I thought I would. It has its flaws, but the world is just so beautiful, dense and alive. Kassandra is a great character whether she's cussing, raging or caring, and the voice actress is amazing considering the sheer volume of lines she had to perform.

9/10 from me, too

Suspended
RDR2 - 9/10

Gaming sucks in 2020, too few AAA games are getting released, feels like we're going weeks, if not months between major releases.

We probably had more good game released one 3 months of 2010 then will all year in 2020.

Soldato
Star Wars: Fallen Jedi

8/10

I really enjoyed this game. Some of the puzzles were really good and the game length felt like decent value.

I dropped 1 point for the first level area as it could easily have put me off continuing, I found it a bit confusing and the map is a bit awkward to use. I dropped another point for the graphics, they were really nice in areas but others had a weird shimmering going on with lighting/fog and there was some really bad hitching going on.

I'm looking forward to a repeat play through when new GPUs release and I can enjoy it at 4k higher refresh with Gsync and all the bells n whistles. :)

Associate
A Plague Tale: Innocence

6.5/10

Not as good as the reviews portray it, but still a solid enjoyable game.
Graphics are lovely, and the hoards of rats very cool. However it didn't have ultrawide support out of the box. I had to edit the .exe via a guide on steam forums.
It's quite a chilled game to play, with nothing really that taxing. Just generic stealth, mild action and simple puzzles. It follows a very linear path, no big open game worlds here.
The story was good, but not exceptional. The characters likeable, but nothing special.
Surround sound balance was rubbish too btw, but with headphones worked fine.
Worth the £10 or so I paid for it, but wouldn't want to pay any more.
I enjoyed it for what it is, but don't expect too much.

Soldato
Last game I finished was Valley. I picked it up for a couple of quid, and it was great for that price. Just what I needed in gaming at the time - something not too deep, quick to play and quite relaxing. It's got a lot going for it for a short indie game. It looks great. The world feels well created with lore fed in as you go. It's not very difficult, but has a few sections where you have to stop and think about where you're going. It changes up the pace nicely as well from time to time. All in all, while there's not much to it I'm glad I picked it up and gave it a go.

Taking the cost into account it's around a 7.5 for me.

ne0

ne0

Associate
Star Wars Fallen Jedi 8/10

I'm a big star wars fan, so it was easy to sell me on this one. Movie-like production quality as you would expect and lightsaber combat was just fantastic, especially the boss battles which were just awesome.
I thought the story was a bit pants and didn't really draw me in. Also the level design, imo, was a bit crap. Some pop in (even on a high end rig at epic settings). Game looked stunning at times but then a bit off at others. Definitely far from the best looking game out there.

What did surprise me thought was the difficulty. I hadn't read up much about the game so this took me by surprise. I played the game on Jedi Master albeit had to put the difficulty down on the last 2 bosses as I was just dying too much.

Overall it's a good game but if you take away the Star Wars coating then it's a good but not outstanding game underneath.

Crysis 2 9/10

No idea how many times I've played this game now. 1st played it on the ps3 years ago but recently played it on my pc with the MalDo textures mod and WOW the game is seriously stunning, easily holding its own against todays AAA games. if you have a rig that does it justice then I highly recommend installing this mod and playing it through again.

My only gripe with Crysis 2 is the shockingly bad AI. I'm playing it on Veteran and it's so easy it's not even funny. But the graphics and epic movie-like feel, the soundtrack and sci fi setting just make up for it for me.

ne0

ne0

Associate
The Evil Within - 8.5/10

Bloody hell, what a ride that was. Great artwork for the locations and the monsters and tense in places, not quite Alien Isolation levels but not far off. Hadn't got a clue what was going on with the story though. Apparently the sequel is even better, so I'll tackle that next.

The Evil Within 2 is fantastic; very memorable game and highly recommended!

Soldato
The Evil Within 2 is fantastic; very memorable game and highly recommended!

I still have the first one unplayed because of performance issues. Having updated my PC since trying it I should go back to it, but given that I probably won't get around to both games, which of the two would you choose to play through if you were only picking one?

Soldato
Death Stranding - 9/10.

A work of art, great story telling and excellently programmed.

100fps+ at 1440p (5700XT) and 2GB of RAM for one of the best looking games i have ever seen running.

I love you BB !

Back
Top Bottom