• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Another day, another broken Intel process node: Intel announces 7nm will be delayed

Soldato
It's almost ironic that the 14nm++++++++++ jokes are going to become true. The fact they aren't going to have 7nm fro DC until half way through 2023 at the earliest, realistically puts any desktop parts into 2024, and 10nm might as well not exist either.

How are Intel going to market their way out of stagnation for the next 3-4 years? I am sure they'll spend a lot of money pulling the wool over peoples eyes, or trying to 'convince' OEM's that they should stick with them, this smells like the dawn of the AMD Athlon 64 all over again, where INtel will simply have no answer other than MOAR!!!! clock speed.

7nm GPU's, lots of 7nm GPU's. Hexascale.

Soldato
OP
Uh oh!

Intel hits another bump as a class action lawsuit is filled through the securities exchange: The lawsuit claims that Intel must have already know 7nm would be delayed months ago but chose not to report it, as such the lawsuit claims that investors have been defrauded by Intel misrepresenting it's operations.

The law firm who filled the proceedings is now asking for whistleblowers inside Intel to come forward and talk to them - a successful conviction results in a big pay day for a whistleblower so they are financially incentivised to provide details.

ahttps://www.techspot.com/news/86140-intel-facing-class-action-lawsuit-over-7nm-delay.html?fbclid=IwAR3o6nl-yclTrncANYXTpI1epp6jHUmI2jlFoR4GsLVJ0CY66KdQGekrYNI

Man of Honour
Uh oh!

Intel hits another bump as a class action lawsuit is filled through the securities exchange: The lawsuit claims that Intel must have already know 7nm would be delayed months ago but chose not to report it, as such the lawsuit claims that investors have been defrauded by Intel misrepresenting it's operations.

The law firm who filled the proceedings is now asking for whistleblowers inside Intel to come forward and talk to them - a successful conviction results in a big pay day for a whistleblower so they are financially incentivised to provide details.

ahttps://www.techspot.com/news/86140...cANYXTpI1epp6jHUmI2jlFoR4GsLVJ0CY66KdQGekrYNI

Doesn't surprise me (see my previous posts about Intel liaisons hah).

Soldato
Nah, that's when Nvidia jump in for the RTX 3000 Supers, replacing all those Samsung 8nm units. That'll keep things ticking over for another year before Hopper lands.

Maybe Intel could go to Samsung 8nm once Nvidia free it up.

If Intel haven’t bought Nvidia by then.

Associate
^^ Think Nvidia are now worth more than Intel.

As funny/tragic as this is, Intel have done a fairly remarkable job of keeping within spitting distance of AMD whilst on 14nm+++++++++++++++++++.

... but i'll be purchasing a Ryzen next, the more I look into Intel's current line up the more they just infuriate me.

Soldato
As funny/tragic as this is, Intel have done a fairly remarkable job of keeping within spitting distance of AMD whilst on 14nm+++++++++++++++++++.
It’s a bit of falsehood that. Something I had to learn quite recently.

TSMC 7nm (ryzen 3000 series based) nodes are basically the same as Intel’s current 10nm nodes. The transistors are the same size. They just use stupid naming. But 7nm+ (Ryzen 4000 series) is way better, smaller transistor size, what they probably call a half node or something. Anyway it is an improvement of transistor size which means improved IPC.

now the current 7nm Ryzen should be faster than intel’s 14nm. It is actually faster about 10% in terms of IPC.

intel’s CPU package just runs on more power to get higher clock speeds to match the deficit in the IPC compared with Ryzen 3000s.

when zen 3 comes out it will blow intel’s CPU line up out of water. And that will be that. Intel will be consigned to history for a little while until they are able to pull a rabbit out of its hat. Possibly the big small design will help.

Back
Top Bottom