Vodafone Fiber 900meg???

Soldato
£30 a month to BT. They weren't the cheapest, but they were the only ones who could offer 20mb. Everyone else was quoting for 10mb.

I'm in a village, so no chance really. I guess I'm lucky to even have FTTC.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
£30 a month to BT. They weren't the cheapest, but they were the only ones who could offer 20mb. Everyone else was quoting for 10mb.

I'm in a village, so no chance really. I guess I'm lucky to even have FTTC.
Just one for next time you are end of contract - the speeds will not differ between ISPs. It is all the same infrastructure, resold.

Use the address checker option here to see what your line will do on a wholesale basis. They all resell the same service :)

https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/

Soldato
I am getting this installed on Wednesday next week , was wondering how long it normal takes ? and are the engineers flexible as to where to put my router in the living room , I basically want it on the opposite side of the room to where the cable appears to come into the property(still same room)

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I am getting this installed on Wednesday next week , was wondering how long it normal takes ? and are the engineers flexible as to where to put my router in the living room , I basically want it on the opposite side of the room to where the cable appears to come into the property(still same room)
The cable will be mounted on the wall they drill through. The box uses Ethernet cable to connect to the router so you can run a cable yourself.

Associate
The speeds will differ between ISP's.
The speed on BT's system (reporting your connection speed) should be the same but when it gets to the ISp's and they peer with different companies it can go **** up fast.
Vodafone for example connect to cable and wireless network.
Personally I avoid anyone who uses cable and wireless.

Soldato
I need to decide whether to wait for this or renew with virgin for another year. They've done my road and appear to be doing the backhaul for the area round the corner right now with many drums of cable being laid this weekend. Anyone know how long it takes after their road was done before they could order? Virgin media out of contract prices are punishingly expensive.

Associate
Several months on with the 500/500 im still really pleased with the service. Do not miss virgin at all.
I'm not aware of any service drop outs, critical as my partner works from home now. Speed has never been below 500mb either.

Back
Top Bottom