*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Associate
Looks like they have now removed it from sale, guess they out of stock again

Ooh no, it's back again for order! I need to stop looking as I already ordered one

Last edited:
Soldato
So Microsoft have currently dropped the rewards points to claim a £5 card to 5050 (usually 5850 @ lvl 2) and £10 to 10100 (usually 11700 @ lvl 2) until 05/07/2020 with the usual '*Promotional gift card. Spend within 90 days of deposit.' restriction.

With the XSX not yet announced for pre-order, if it were to be available say late November, any credit deposited from 05/07/2020 will have expired before any pre-order has been billed (usually ~10 days before the due release date).

My question is if I redeemed my points now and got the promotional credit under the current offer, could I then use the existing balance to buy normal Microsoft gift cards from the online store which has no expiry limit??

Has anyone done this??

Last edited:
Soldato
For those of you that use a keyboard and mouse with your xbox, what do you do to use a headset with mic? I've got it still plugged in to the controller at the minute but I find it turns itself off if I don't keep wiggling the stick. It's annoying when playing Warzone and I forget to wiggle it and cutting out during a fight.

Since I’m playing more FPS online atm with warzone what type of kB/ mouse is recommended? Not done it in years. Fed up of getting sniped to death lol

Soldato
Since I’m playing more FPS online atm with warzone what type of kB/ mouse is recommended? Not done it in years. Fed up of getting sniped to death lol

I think pretty much any old USB kb&m will work and if you want wireless it'll work if you have a usb dongle but you'll need to check first (Bluetooth wireless won't work at all I believe). It's worth noting as well if you go to kb&m you'll lose any kind of aim assistance which can make the swap at first a bit jaunting depending on your experience with kb&m.

From what I've seen online as well the aim assistance if set to focused on precision on the pad is broken at the minute and super strong, that might be some of the reason you're getting sniped so much at the minute rather than it being people using a mouse.

Could you not turn crossplay off for warzone? You'll also have the same issue I have potentially as well where you have to keep nudging one of the pad sticks every 5/10 minutes to make sure the pad doesn't turn off, in turn turning the headset off.

Video regarding the aim assist:

Soldato
Ordered this on the 13th and it arrived this morning.

2Enbc03_d.webp

I'll mostly be using it on the PC, rather than the Xbox, but seemed more relevant here than elsewhere.

Soldato
That's quick, I thought it was going to take a month when I had a look the other day. Did you get textured grips?

Estimated delivery was 8th July.

I wanted an Xbox pad for the PC (and for the occasional local multiplayer, whenever that's allowed again). There were no good (<£35) offers about. So I used some dodgy man maths to conclude that a Design Labs controller, with £10 off and £14 in Rewards credit, was the smart purchase. The first draft had the grips on, plus metallic triggers. It came to ~£70 :eek:

Decided I had to cut back to something slightly more sane. So I ditched the metallic triggers and decided I'd rather have my name on the controller than rubber grips :p Not 100% convinced I'd like the grips anyway, and they're only available in black (and can be seen from the front).

Caporegime
Sold my 32 month old Xbox One X on eBay last night with 10 games for £380

Thought I best get shot before the Series X price is announced

Decent price you think? Sold it fully boxed with:

Battlefield V
Call of Duty WWII
Dark Souls: Remastered
Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Games 1-4)
Halo 5: Guardians
Red Dead Redemption Game Of The Year Edition (Xbox 360 game)
Red Dead Redemption II
Sea of Thieves
Star Wars: Battlefront II
Titanfall 2

Soldato
Bought my self a XBX. Although it was a on a whim at CEX, and found out the games I bought were all on Game Pass :(

FH4, Crackdown 3 (I'll see how bad it is), Sunset Overdrive and State of Decay 2.

Soldato
PC first then Xbox later,
Always gonna be a PC game for me (HOTAS required)

Another Gamepass Ultimate banger of a game, no way i'd pay for it on PC unless it was on a serious sale.

Soldato
Quick question. I’ve got my Sony wireless headphones connected to my tv for sound for gaming. Can I directly connect them to the Xbox for wireless and use the inbuilt mic ?

on a side note.... 16 years as a forum member today :eek:

Unfortunately not. Xbox uses their own wireless connection as it has much lower latency than Bluetooth, so anything you connect has to be 'Xbox compatible' or wired via the 3.5mm port in the controller.

Caporegime
Resi 7 joining Game Pass 3rd September.

For anyone who hasn't jumped in yet I can totally recommend it, has no real connection to the other games but its a cracker in its own right.

Back
Top Bottom