Death Stranding

Man of Honour
41 hours and I finished the story. The ending is just amazing as it all made sense to me. One of my top rated games of all time easily.

Agreed, it all fell into place beautifully and actually made sense to me. It was an emotional ride. I’ll keep delivering and repairing the road network for a few more weeks to help out my fellow porters.

Associate
me too I dont know whether this will be my sort of game, too slow and not something you can dip in and out of for ten minutes type game.

I don’t mind it being a little slow, in fact that’s just what I need right now. Something relaxing but absorbing at the same time. And most importantly it needs to keep my attention and not feel like a slogfest

It also sounds quite thought provoking which is right up my street.

Man of Honour
I don’t mind it being a little slow, in fact that’s just what I need right now. Something relaxing but absorbing at the same time. And most importantly it needs to keep my attention and not feel like a slogfest

It also sounds quite thought provoking which is right up my street.

The problem I would say is that the pace is all over the place, but generally slow. You may have hours of story cutscenes and a relaxing delivery, but then you end up with some creepy/horror moments where you have to sneak around (which isn’t too difficult) and then some random fairly challenging boss fights. On the whole you can save often, but some 30 minute or so segments appear (unexpectedly) when you can’t. I still think it’s a masterpiece, but it’s worth being aware. The story/characters are so brilliantly done, especially using known actors/actresses which really helps. I couldn’t put it down from start to finish.

Some of the final chapters rely on some huge hikes too.

Soldato
I've been trying to decide all week whether to go for this, I think it does sound like something I'll enjoy but it's also the time investment. I like to stick with one game at a time and there is other stuff on the horizon. Great that you can easily dip in for an hour, though long cut scenes when you're about to log out are always frustrating.

Not sure I can resist any longer though.

Associate
I've been trying to decide all week whether to go for this, I think it does sound like something I'll enjoy but it's also the time investment. I like to stick with one game at a time and there is other stuff on the horizon. Great that you can easily dip in for an hour, though long cut scenes when you're about to log out are always frustrating.

Not sure I can resist any longer though.

I’m exactly the same. Think I might cave after another rum or two and let it download overnight lol

Soldato
Confession corner 64 hours in on hard, not even half way through game.

why? i am not getting hurt so, there is no frustration factor.

I am helping others, building things, making deliveries.

Associate
I’m exactly the same. Think I might cave after another rum or two and let it download overnight lol

Quoting my own post yesterday. Yep I went ahead and downloaded over night. About 5 hours in now and loving it!! Yes, lots of cutscenes so far but I appreciated them to help explain a few things.

I can see me spending many dozens of hours on this

Oh yeah I did suffer 2 severe crashes, completing locking my system up requiring a reboot

Edit: just remembered I’ve not updated my drivers (Titan Xp). Damn shame SLI isn’t a thing anymore too although it does only stutter very slightly at 4K on one card

Last edited:
Soldato
Quoting my own post yesterday. Yep I went ahead and downloaded over night. About 5 hours in now and loving it!! Yes, lots of cutscenes so far but I appreciated them to help explain a few things.

I can see me spending many dozens of hours on this

I caved as well, about 4 hours in and really enjoying it so far. Too many cut scenes can annoy me in some games, but these haven't.

Associate
I caved as well, about 4 hours in and really enjoying it so far. Too many cut scenes can annoy me in some games, but these haven't.

Congrats and good to hear you’re liking it. Think I’m about 8 hours in now and just got the bike.

Amazing game and has easily met and surpassed my expectations

Last edited:
Soldato
I have completed the game, its epic, a wonderful experience.

According to Steam only 5.7% of players have, thus far.

For some reason my total playing hours for completion have been revised down to 87 hours.

My Psychiatrist: "Ok, we really need to talk now about the BB situation........"

Me:

LBIieH0.gif

Soldato
According to Steam only 5.7% of players have, thus far.

I'm enjoying the game, I love the asthetics and the cut-scenes/story. The visuals are fantastic, it feels like a proper "next gen" title. However... I can see why the overwhelming majority of people have not completed the game. The amount of tedious go fetch walk for miles quests are undoubtedly the issue for most.

I'm hoping I can stick it out as the ending sounds amazing.

Soldato
I'm enjoying the game, I love the asthetics and the cut-scenes/story. The visuals are fantastic, it feels like a proper "next gen" title. However... I can see why the overwhelming majority of people have not completed the game. The amount of tedious go fetch walk for miles quests are undoubtedly the issue for most.

I'm hoping I can stick it out as the ending sounds amazing.

Pretty much agree with all you posted...really wishing i'd waited for this to be on sales if i'm honest...it is very tedious. I feel compelled to play though to justify buying it on release rather than playing because i'm into it.

Back
Top Bottom