Poll: British Grand Prix 2020, Silverstone - Race 4/?

Rate the 2020 British Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
CbmUQYY.png
Silverstone
When was the track built?
Little did those laying the perimeter road to the RAF Silverstone airfield in 1942 know that they were setting down what would become one of the world’s greatest race tracks. But, well, they were! The Silverstone circuit was first used for a proper motor race in 1947 – although sadly, a local sheep lost its life during the proceedings…

When was its first Grand Prix?
Silverstone was the first Grand Prix, hosting the inaugural Formula 1 World Championship round on May 13 1950. Old campaigner Giuseppe Farina, who’d take that year’s title, won the race in his Alfa Romeo 158.

What’s the circuit like?
At the 2018 British Grand Prix, Lewis Hamilton compared a flat-out lap around Silverstone to flying a fighter jet, which should tell you all you need to know about the Northamptonshire circuit. Despite numerous layout changes over the years, Silverstone has always maintained its essential character as one of the fastest tracks on the F1 calendar, while historic corners like Maggotts, Becketts and Abbey provide some of the biggest challenges for racing drivers anywhere in the world.

TV Times
Sky:
fuJDx26.png
C4:
w2S7Row.png

Track Diagram & Information
fuJDx26.png

Weather Forecast
vIPCKrC.png

2019 Race Highlights
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/...ritish-grand-prix.1pmYpe2z8z3ioEB86OBrR0.html

Practice 1
8hWScPO.png

Practice 2
Spv1QcX.png

Practice 3
MAgQV0Y.png

Qualifying
4Z9TTEb.png

Race
0daiFAK.png

Last edited:
Soldato
It should be 3 races back to back. The 2 at Silverstone followed by Barcelona. Obviously the Spanish race will depend on the developing situation with CV-19.

Soldato
With Barcelona being the centre of Spain's second surge it doesn't look great, does it? Does anyone know if there's a contingency plan to move it elsewhere?

Not that I've heard but a very exciting rumour going around at the moment is that Istanbul may be back. Love that track on games though T8 doesn't love me

Associate
Not that I've heard but a very exciting rumour going around at the moment is that Istanbul may be back. Love that track on games though T8 doesn't love me

That would be awesome. Turkey is a great track. Memories of Button squeezing past Vettel up the hill in 2009, and the Red Bulls colliding and Button and Hamilton duelling in 2010.

Caporegime
I very much doubt we will get the Spanish gp.

Its only just picking up. In 2 weeks it could be much worse.

Should get the two UK ones

Dissapointed it's live on C4. I'll watch catch up but I'll have to sit through all the boring bits of the race
At least highlights removes most of the boredom. Wonder if that's why I rate them higher than the majority.

Don
Dissapointed it's live on C4. I'll watch catch up but I'll have to sit through all the boring bits of the race
At least highlights removes most of the boredom. Wonder if that's why I rate them higher than the majority.

LOL - at least the 2nd Silverstone visit should be just highlights - it's only the "British" GP C4 have rights for

Man of Honour
Ferrari's announcement that they won't be competitive until 2022 has really irked me, it doesn't sit well at all. It's an even bigger admission of guilt that their success last year was 100% down to their (undisclosed) illegal power package. RBR would have definitely beaten them to 2nd place last year without it. So poorly handled by the FIA but at least Ferrari are suffering some sort of consequences, even if they appear self-inflicted.

It’s a disgrace. The whole grid has been screwed by this and the FIA has swept it under the carpet. Suddenly getting poles and wins and then just as quickly they are nowhere. Funny thing is, loads of the teams are pinning their hopes on 2022, but with Mercedes so far ahead now they’ll be working just as hard on their 2022 car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom