• Series S

Votes: 104 11.8%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Well they better sort out the PC part of it. It's pants compared to what you can get on the Xbox. It will get better as Microsoft's first party start launching their games but a lot of what's on PC Game Pass has already been given away for free by Epic.

They can close that gap when their Xbox Game Streaming officially comes Gamepass Ultimate. Anyone waiting for Halo 5 on PC, will have to use it.

Soldato
I don't think PC does badly for £3.99/month TBH. All first party Xbox titles launch simultaneously on PC. But the inverse isn't true. The end result being that PC has the console first party game pass titles, plus AOE: DE, AOE II: DE, Mechwarrior 5, Torment: Tides of Numeria, Gears Tactics, and Flight Sim (when it launches next month).

The big thing holding PC Game Pass back is Windows Store. So many games don't come to that platform. And these days it isn't always simple to add other stores, as many games are built for proprietary platforms (e.g. Steamworks), or have exclusivity deals tieing them to one store. Reportedly, the reason why RDR2 won't be on Game Pass for PC is because Rockstar insist on using their launcher, while Microsoft won't allow third-party launchers on their store.

Caporegime
OP
They can close that gap when their Xbox Game Streaming officially comes Gamepass Ultimate. Anyone waiting for Halo 5 on PC, will have to use it.

I forgot about XCloud. When they bring the XCloud client to Windows 10, you won't actually need an Xbox console either but hopefully it won't be a licensing thing that stops some of the Xbox-only GP games being available elsewhere.

I don't think PC does badly for £3.99/month TBH.

Yes, not at £3.99 but when it goes up to £7.99, I wouldn't pay that price for the selection that's on offer right now.

Soldato
I forgot about XCloud. When they bring the XCloud client to Windows 10, you won't actually need an Xbox console either but hopefully it won't be a licensing thing that stops some of the Xbox-only GP games being available elsewhere.

Yes, not at £3.99 but when it goes up to £7.99, I wouldn't pay that price for the selection that's on offer right now.

Is that price rise happening? If so I'm out too. I can justify £4 but £8 for games I'm only playing because they're included is a no.

Soldato
That's assuming the rumours are true about Live, which they may not be. Could be that Live is being rolled in to Xbox Game Pass, for example. Or maybe nothing is happening beyond the removal of 12m subs. If Live is more expensive, people are more likely to cough up for Game Pass Ultimate.

The Halo thing is separate; it's going F2P. So you can play Halo Infinite's multiplayer whether you buy the base game or not. Like what Warzone is to the most recent Call of Duty.

Soldato
I'd imagine that many people, myself included, have game pass through the £1 offer scheme and won't be paying for it monthly. Until then, it won't be making a huge amount of money.

Back
Top Bottom