48 Hour Boycott

Man of Honour
You may have heard about some... people, opting to boycott twitter for 48 hours in relation to a music artist making purportedly anti-semetic comments.

Whether the comments were anti-semetic or not is not what I wish to discuss.

My principal thoughts are in relation to a “48 twitter boycott”.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-53553573

This is possibly one of the weakest things I’ve ever heard. Standing in solidarity against... whatever, by boycotting social media for such a pathetically short time... I just find it embarrassing. Oh, what bravery and courage is on display!!

A 48 hour twitter boycott.

I just can’t get over it. How is that a thing. What is going on. Wut.

Just me?

Man of Honour
It's GD so you're going to get a lot of 'lol twitter' responses :D

I did find it funny, like the recent attack that disabled posting for most blue ticks, that twitter was generally a better place during those 48 hours!

Soldato
Should we not be boycotting twitter for 48 hours for censoring freedom of speech or have we all changed tact these days...? Im a little out of the loop.

Soldato
Treddin on thin ice
:p He hasn't been the same since Stormzy was mean to him.

On topic - social media really needs to do one. It's so sad how dependent some people are on it these days. The world is going to be filled with narcissistic people soon. If I had a child I'd keep them away from all forms of SM for as long as possible.

Soldato
You can always block or turn it off, and people should be able to say what they like. If you don't like it don't listen/read what they say - simple.

I'm not trying to be an arse, but this sort of thing really annoys me. It's almost like it's fashionable to be offended by everything and it's quite pathetic. Also, if Israel wasn't such tyrants, and that's being nice, to the Palestinians then less people will be angry at them.

Don't get me started on the expansion of what constitutes 'anti-semitism', almost all criticism of Isreal, warranted or not, is immediately labled as anti-semitic in order to shut down the discussion. Being 'judged' as anti-semetic is a death sentence for most peoples' careers thus people self censor - I'm sure that is the desired effect!

Soldato
You can always block or turn it off, and people should be able to say what they like. If you don't like it don't listen/read what they say - simple.

I'm not trying to be an arse, but this sort of thing really annoys me. It's almost like it's fashionable to be offended by everything and it's quite pathetic. Also, if Israel wasn't such tyrants, and that's being nice, to the Palestinians then less people will be angry at them. Don't get me started on the expansion of what constitutes 'anti-semitism', almost all criticism of Isreal, warranted or not, is immediately labled as anti-semitic in order to shut down the discussion. Being 'judged' as anti-semetic is a death sentence for most peoples' careers thus people self censor - I'm sure that is the desired effect!

Yeh it's hardcore. Imo hyper censorship is usually the result of hiding up crimes.

Israel is the holy grail of not allowing itself to be criticised as it's painful to admit your faults.

Soldato
hopefully this has set a president and Zuck & co will not be reticent to ban further recidivists - they never got rid of Logan Paul did they ?
wonder if it would be a better punishment, if, like for Trump, twitter just enfoirced some kind of fact check/racism tag to his apparently influential posts to his acolytes.

Soldato
Twitter only deletes tweets by, and deplatforms, those people whose ideology differs from the whinging left. It's perfectly fine for AntiFa to use Twitter to dox people and call for their murder and for BLM supporters to post no end of racist, anti-white propaganda but don't you dare to post a conspiracy theory that criticises the Jews.

Back
Top Bottom