Mitsubishi won’t introduce any new models for Europe

Soldato
Shame but besides the L200 range and of course there Evo history, I can't say any other car they have done stands out.

It aint just Mitsubishi, a lot of manufacturers now are just producing bland stuff. I used to be a big Ford fan & still am when it comes to the older stuff, when I heard there was a new Puma being released I was imagining a Fiesta ST based Coupe heading the line up and what do we get? Another ******* boring SUV. Mustang Mach E? SUV!

If I had to describe the current car market with one word, it'd be "Beige".

Associate
I read the article but wasn’t sure of how quickly they are winding down in the UK? Will the planned models mentioned and presumably already developed be coming here in which case it would be 7-9 years before they’re pretty much gone or is it expected to be much sooner than that?

Soldato
I read the article but wasn’t sure of how quickly they are winding down in the UK? Will the planned models mentioned and presumably already developed be coming here in which case it would be 7-9 years before they’re pretty much gone or is it expected to be much sooner than that?

The announcement was pretty vague, which has led to a lot of confusion. Typically in these cases the impact of the announcement accelerates the process, as buyers start to stay away.

However, the Colt Car Company, who are the importers into the UK (and are not owned by Mitsubishi) say they will continue to provide aftersales support for years to come.

Caporegime
The announcement was pretty vague, which has led to a lot of confusion. Typically in these cases the impact of the announcement accelerates the process, as buyers start to stay away.

However, the Colt Car Company, who are the importers into the UK (and are not owned by Mitsubishi) say they will continue to provide aftersales support for years to come.

It does seem a bit strange. I would have thought they would at least keep the UK on the books as it wouldn't cost a lot to change a Japanese car to meet UK regs.

Soldato
It aint just Mitsubishi, a lot of manufacturers now are just producing bland stuff. I used to be a big Ford fan & still am when it comes to the older stuff, when I heard there was a new Puma being released I was imagining a Fiesta ST based Coupe heading the line up and what do we get? Another ******* boring SUV. Mustang Mach E? SUV!

If I had to describe the current car market with one word, it'd be "Beige".

The Puma was such a fail and they have tarnished the Mustang brand.

Its like people actually LIKE boring cars now. All these SUVs are the same, characterless and lacking any imagination :\

Soldato

As suspected, the process is accelerating. The latest news (or rumours?) are that the following models will not continue to be shipped in from the next month:

- Outlander
- ASX
- Eclipse Cross

Leaving only the L200 and the Mirage! As you can imagine, the dealers are starting to get pretty upset.

Source: AutonewsEurope

Back
Top Bottom