OC(UK) Host Review :-)

Man of Honour
Thinking of moving away from Krystal now, seeing too much server slowdown with "nothing unusual going on", after raising a ticket and insisting the database server is restarted... it works again! Seems to be happening at least every quarter and the lack of ability to check is disappointing.
Strange, I don't see how restarting a service should make any difference.....maybe your user had used up all their connections or resources? Mind you that should be visible in the Cloudlinux reports.

Soldato
Not sure if restarted is the right term, but it's a shared server (business sapphire so potentially up to 100 users) and there's a site on it which seems to be taking up more resources than it should and my logs show it isn't my sites. They don't seem to be able to monitor and balance the loads.

Associate
Not sure if restarted is the right term, but it's a shared server (business sapphire so potentially up to 100 users) and there's a site on it which seems to be taking up more resources than it should and my logs show it isn't my sites. They don't seem to be able to monitor and balance the loads.

Interesting. Still having issue or has it rectified itself?

Soldato
Thinking of moving away from Krystal now, seeing too much server slowdown with "nothing unusual going on", after raising a ticket and insisting the database server is restarted... it works again! Seems to be happening at least every quarter and the lack of ability to check is disappointing.

Migrate yourself over to StablePoint - You won't regret it.

Associate
Migrate yourself over to StablePoint - You won't regret it.

Just noticed that Stablepoint have changed their site/Packages the lot.

Some Cpanel packages have been downgraded?

It's a shame because I do already have a starter account with them (Not sure if this has changed or will be merged to whatever the cheapest they offer is now, as I've heard nothing from them?) As a trial with a view to possibly shifting everything away from Krystal.

I feel like it's not worth it now, I'd be paying more(ish) for similar or lesser specs? Krystal has the added bonus of been a Litespeed server.

RAM and vCPU seem to have been capped at 1GB and 1vCPU now on the middle package, whereas before it was 2GB and 2vCPU.

Hmm...

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Hey, new site and a few things to tweak (fixed the RAM limit ;)), definitely no changes to existing packages - the Medium remains and I think we actually increased the number of sites it can have, and added an option to add blocks of extra addon domains too :)

Things like Imunify360, SSH, node (not advertised yet but there....mainly for resellers who've needed it...ssh!), composer, git and twice-daily offsite backups are on everything too.

Associate
Hey, new site and a few things to tweak (fixed the RAM limit ;)), definitely no changes to existing packages - the Medium remains and I think we actually increased the number of sites it can have, and added an option to add blocks of extra addon domains too :)

Things like Imunify360, SSH, node (not advertised yet but there....mainly for resellers who've needed it...ssh!), composer, git and twice-daily offsite backups are on everything too.

Glad to see the packages haven't changed. :)

Just a heads up, on the comparison section for the Cpanel hosting, the number of websites on here shows 3, when it should be 6 ;)

Soldato
Liking the improvements in the packages, if I consolidated all my existing hosting to a reseller the price/performance looks similar and has space to expand. I'll have a chat with someone when I have a bit more time.

Associate
Liking the improvements in the packages, if I consolidated all my existing hosting to a reseller the price/performance looks similar and has space to expand. I'll have a chat with someone when I have a bit more time.

Was thinking the same actually. The starter reseller would do me actually. Separate Cpanels would be a bonus over add-on domains too.

Soldato
Just moved the company hosting over and I have a general question about SMTP setup.

In the config email I received it says to use port 465 for SSL and 587 for non-SSL.

Researching the Web the IANA says that 465 was never officially meant for email and has now been reassigned. Port 587 should be used for secure TLS.

So which port should be used for secure email?

Soldato
Will be hosting a lot of freelance sites soon, and I will looking for storing up to 10-15 sites per package I buy, with the possibility of some of them being e-commerce (all Wordpress)

So looking at the usual.
Siteground:- fast, but expensive and have horribly low storage and a weird Inode usage which i hate
BlueHost - never used them looking for opinions, advantages for me are the unlimited nature of their business package at a good price.
Go-Daddy, horrible pricing, looks good but nearly triples in price on renew, don't want to have to move all my sites.
1&1 ionos, looks ok. Pro package looks good and they claim to be the fastest
Hostinger. Really really cheap, offer unlimited sites and storage, speed undetermined.

I used to have my own personal website on Pac Webhosting, they have been faultless, but they larger accounts are rubbish for business use.
Anyone hosting lots of sites, have any comments

Last edited:
Soldato
Will be hosting a lot of freelance sites soon, and I will looking for storing up to 10-15 sites per package I buy, with the possibility of some of them being e-commerce (all Wordpress)

So looking at the usual.
Siteground:- fast, but expensive and have horribly low storage and a weird Inode usage which i hate
BlueHost - never used them looking for opinions, advantages for me are the unlimited nature of their business package at a good price.
Go-Daddy, horrible pricing, looks good but nearly triples in price on renew, don't want to have to move all my sites.
1&1 ionos, looks ok. Pro package looks good and they claim to be the fastest
Hostinger. Really really cheap, offer unlimited sites and storage, speed undetermined.

I used to have my own personal website on Pac Webhosting, they have been faultless, but they larger accounts are rubbish for business use.
Anyone hosting lots of sites, have any comments

20i or Stablepoint (one of the Stablepoint guys is a member on here)

Soldato
I did see Stablepoint in my search and instantly dismissed them for being over £200 a year. Never heard of 20i but again their business account only allows 5 websites!!
I think Bluehost is the most comprehensive and best priced so far, my own bugbear was when reading this thread, only one page ago someone was moaning they froze their websites and tried to up sell antivirus' to them.

Man of Honour
I did see Stablepoint in my search and instantly dismissed them for being over £200 a year. Never heard of 20i but again their business account only allows 5 websites!!
I think Bluehost is the most comprehensive and best priced so far, my own bugbear was when reading this thread, only one page ago someone was moaning they froze their websites and tried to up sell antivirus' to them.
You could get 16 sites for £129/year +VAT on 1 cPanel account with one of the companies you dismissed, but - what you need is likely a reseller package, not a standard cPanel account.....your clients will thank you - should one site have an issue the others wouldn't be affected.

For a smaller start I might even say you would want to consider a mini reseller package :)

20i's platform is nice too, it's run by the guys who founded Heart (now sold to HEG -> Godaddy).

Izi

Izi

Soldato
Well TSOHost is now complete and utter dogpoo. It has been for years now, but I can now officially say its the worst host I have ever experienced. Domains on autorenew not renewing. Contacting support to tell them is a computer says no situation and they raise a ticket. I have been on to support 3 times for this simple issue. They renewed two of the affected domains, but still shows expired in my account so cannot get auth code to move the domains away....

The shared hosting I stopped using a while ago as it constantly slow, had errors, went down or got hacked (and no not my websites - websites which were set up just for email addresses and didnt use hosting had files added to the root www folder. How would they have got access to the root www folder without any files to exploit in the first place?).

All in all, move your stuff away from TSO and vote with your wallet.

With that said, can anyone recommend a good domain name registrar/email host? We host on Azure mostly now, but I still need domain registration and some email hosting which isnt Office 365/GSuite.

Soldato
Well TSOHost is now complete and utter dogpoo. It has been for years now, but I can now officially say its the worst host I have ever experienced. Domains on autorenew not renewing. Contacting support to tell them is a computer says no situation and they raise a ticket. I have been on to support 3 times for this simple issue. They renewed two of the affected domains, but still shows expired in my account so cannot get auth code to move the domains away....

The shared hosting I stopped using a while ago as it constantly slow, had errors, went down or got hacked (and no not my websites - websites which were set up just for email addresses and didnt use hosting had files added to the root www folder. How would they have got access to the root www folder without any files to exploit in the first place?).

With that said, can anyone recommend a good domain name registrar/email host? We host on Azure mostly now, but I still need domain registration and some email hosting which isnt Office 365/GSuite.

20i charge wholesale pricing for domain names with no mark up (you get free email and hosting with them too). All of our customers domains are with them for central management.

Soldato

Always the same outcome for those bought out by GoDaddy - I moved 2 reseller accounts away from TSO the minute they globally upgraded PHP to 7.0 without telling anyone, then blamed individual cPanel owners for all manually upgrading their PHP at 3AM in the morning!

Time to go! Get yourself over to StablePoint or Krystal

Back
Top Bottom