**** Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Thread ****

Soldato
FYI, for anyone that would want to use wireless streaming to play this on Quest in VR (once VR is enabled for other headsets) I just came across this post from the developer of Virtual Desktop:

"I’d recommend getting it on Steam as most games from the Microsoft store cant be injected. If its using the Oculus SDK, it will need to be injected to work correctly"

Might influence where you decide to purchase if you are a quest user.

Soldato
Looking forwards to the new Gpu's as my 980ti is going to be sweating. Looking like my 2700x will be okay though. DF's video indicated that it can become cpu bound at airports even on a 3900x at ultra though which is insane, although as they optimise for xbox we may see some performance improvements come our way too

Soldato
I'm still a little bit intrigued about whether this game will be OK or not, as streamers like Captain Canada are still bound to an NDA. All the reviews and videos I've seen so far are from people who will get the most out of FS by treating it as a game rather than a sim. Most videos are evidently from people who have little to no idea about what they are doing.

FD2S posted a video with synopsis saying he looks forward to flying in FS2020 AND XPlane 11 soon - so sounds like he isn't throwing XPlane out just yet (maybe that is because FS2020 doesn't have a 737 yet, which he principally flies).

I'm just wondering whether the quality of the aircraft, particularly big jets is fully functioning to a similar level of detail that say the 737-800 Zibo mod is.

Soldato
I'm still a little bit intrigued about whether this game will be OK or not, as streamers like Captain Canada are still bound to an NDA. All the reviews and videos I've seen so far are from people who will get the most out of FS by treating it as a game rather than a sim. Most videos are evidently from people who have little to no idea about what they are doing.

FD2S posted a video with synopsis saying he looks forward to flying in FS2020 AND XPlane 11 soon - so sounds like he isn't throwing XPlane out just yet (maybe that is because FS2020 doesn't have a 737 yet, which he principally flies).

I'm just wondering whether the quality of the aircraft, particularly big jets is fully functioning to a similar level of detail that say the 737-800 Zibo mod is.

I'm by no means a hardcore simmer but watching the below video, everything I would expect to be there in a 747 is there. All buttons seem to be functioning and not just placeholders. I've also seen videos where people go through the realism settings and it definitely looks like flight dynamics / physics and weather affects are all able to be set to ultra realistic.

Back
Top Bottom