Show Us Your Motors!

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Yea for me warranty is far more important than a bit more power, it's not slow as it is anyway. I know the engine can probably take it, Seat are even selling cars with ABT tune box on their Cupras which is basically the same engine as mine with the the exact same box I can buy.

OcUK Staff
Have you paid to have that detailed? Paint looks in really good nick.

Get a new set of number plates on it as those have faded!

Did it myself today by hand whilst Andy did the wheels, it’s come up amazingly good, used an Autoglym polish for deep coloured paints I found in garage and needless to say it suits the BMW paint superbly. :)

OcUK Staff
Soooooo much better! Really really smart and I’m sure the exhaust will give a few people a fright as you drive past!

I’ve noticed people turn and look now if I’m heading towards them and accelerate gently as the induction noise is like a more meaty CSL type sound, very distinctive and rather loud, it’s cool as older people turn in disgust but then look so confused as your only moving slowly.
I may still investigate making intake even louder it sounds glorious, as far as engines go it is such a great musical tone.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
The transformation on that M5 is amazing, Gibbo. It looks really smart indeed, like a properly loved enthusiast car now. Wow at the difference.

Great work and reinforces my hatred of black wheels.

OcUK Staff
lovely, stop it gibbo i miss mine so much.
solid german paint comes up a treat.

Yeah very happy with it, just working on the minor steering wheel wobble judder now when gently pressing brakes, seems a very common issue of pad deposits and worn front thrust radius arms as main culprit, did some big brake sessions and does seem to have helped and orders fresh front arms, drop links and ARB bushes get front end back nice and tight.

Oh and I ordered a Supersprint F1 Race exhaust system. :D

Man of Honour
Looks like Interlagos Blue to me.

What a transformation Gibbo - I must admit I thought it looked absolutely awful when you first got it - it ticked every box for 'Things that go wrong with once great BMW's'.

Now it looks absolutely wonderful. And further outlines how awful black wheels are.

Back
Top Bottom