GT3, GT3RS, 600LT or Lambo Performante?

OcUK Staff
Great timing.

Yes it is good Thorney are stepping up, but I'd would also be hesitant about Thorney Motorsport as their reputation from the past is very poor, they may have fixed this and changed for the better but I would be a little wary of a warranty with them and success of them paying for repairs, be good to hear from other owners of older Mclarens who have warranty with them and if they do indeed pay out.

Caporegime
porsche for track lambo normal life. mclaren no. bad resell and unreliable. good luck if you have any issues. you buy one you stuck with it.

Man of Honour
Nice - would definitely have been my pick out of that bunch.

EDIT: Though at that price I'd have expected them to clean up some of the internal trim a bit :s

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Nice choice :)

What bracket of budget is required to enter territory where purchases no longer depreciate? Limited run hypercars only? So initial outlay will be closer to a mill?

daz

daz

Soldato
What bracket of budget is required to enter territory where purchases no longer depreciate? Limited run hypercars only? So initial outlay will be closer to a mill?

I don't think it has to be hypercar territory - anything old enough to not be on the depreciation curve, so realistically you're looking at 10-15 years+ is unlikely to go down much (or will fluctuate with the market rather than always downwards). So something like a 360CS or 430 Scud depreciation is unlikely to be a/the major cost of ownership.

Soldato
I was going to originally try and be left field, suggesting a 997 GT2 over the GT3, but then I noticed the prices. However, they will definitely hold the value well so it wouldn't be a major factor unlike the value of McLarens...

The GT3 RS is definitely the pick of the bunch there though. Congrats.

Soldato
OP
Got her home! Really enjoying the car today in the warmer weather.

In some ways it feels very similar to the GT4 (same seats, steering wheel, door handle strap etc) so when cruising around you sometimes forget you're in the 3RS!

Initial impressions are that it feels like it has less torque than the GT4, but of course, makes up for that when you rev it out. The gearbox is unbelievably good, but sometimes I miss the manual.

I've got the North Coast 500, Nurburgring and Anglessey all planned for August & September so will be nice to put some miles on the car.

OcUK Staff
Looks stunning all I would do is change from gloss black wheels to the satin black or very dark grey Porsche also offer them in or maybe even silver, but it’s a niggle such an epic car that.

Back
Top Bottom