Iiyama GB3461WQSU-B1 - Flat 34" 1440 144HZ 1MS IPS Freesync for <£400

Associate
Hi all,

Jumping into this post cold but would appreciate if someone could provide the monitor depth WITHOUT the stand? i.e. the distance from the face of the panel to the VESA mount.

https://ibb.co/w7006x9
w7006x9

w7006x9

Soldato
This or the curved brother...
The problem is I want good productivity (coding etc), plus game occasionally, youtube and also do photo editing. Kind of needs to be an all rounder. I'm thinking curved will annoy me for editing, but I don't do it for a living or anything. Do the viewing angles on this flat version fade slightly towards the left and right edges in use? Anyone used both the curved and the flat? I'd like to see smearing tested on the curved one.

Associate
Quick trawl of the internet and stock is due:

- 30 July
- 5 August
- 31 August
- 11 September
- No idea but we'll take your money anyway

Associate
Hello all. I made the choice to go for the curved Iiyama screen having weighed up wanting to get a curved screen over flat. Sadly this has not worked out due to a flickering issue with Freesync being enabled on this model (see: https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/t...144hz-va-panel-freesync-premium-pro.18888669/ if interested - the latest threads and online review will give you an idea - hopefully a fix will come in time).

In the meantime, I am back on the monitor search and no doubt joining a long waiting list!

I am thinking of getting the FLAT Iiyama now. Can I confirm with someone that has the screen that this works great with freesync and AMD cards? As mentioned at the start of this thread I have the Gigabyte AMD Radeon RX 5700 8GB GAMING OC. So if anyone has this or any other RX5700 with this monitor, be great to hear how you are getting on. Also thoughts on gaming on a flat UW when sat say 60cm from the screen??? Be grateful for views to encourage me to order this screen and join the long wait. (I assume the next batch of screens in the UK will be with the firmware update also to fix the 'split screen' issue?).

Soldato
I asked in the CS forum and they didn’t have enough to cover my pre order and I would be on the next batch on 21st Aug. I’ve decided to drop out of the queue and look at some alternatives.

Soldato
Recently, 13th July so not been waiting long. I did a lot of dithering over the 27” LG and Samsung before ordering.

Still got a new XXL mousepad coming from OCUK which I ordered at the same time though :D

Soldato
Showing 10+ in stock. I'm holding off because I can't actually use it yet and I don't trust my luck to order and leave it sat in a box for a couple of months.

Associate
Showing 10+ in stock. I'm holding off because I can't actually use it yet and I don't trust my luck to order and leave it sat in a box for a couple of months.

How strange. I asked if my order would be fulfilled, was told no, so cancelled and ordered elsewhere. Now there are loads in stock!

Soldato
Same, they must have got a second batch.

That’s a shame as I would have kept my order here but the other one I ordered is being delivered today.

Back
Top Bottom