PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS - Thread

Soldato
Anyone played the new Sanhok? Its really good and well designed now, rivers being smaller make it so much easier to traverse the different islands. New polished graphics and textures look great too.

My only criticism is that the loot truck is a bit OP given that there are so many of them cruising around. Towards the end of the match you are coming up against level 3 players with ghillie suits on and it makes bolt actions pretty pointless.

It does play really well now.

Soldato
Anyone played the new Sanhok? Its really good and well designed now, rivers being smaller make it so much easier to traverse the different islands. New polished graphics and textures look great too.

My only criticism is that the loot truck is a bit OP given that there are so many of them cruising around. Towards the end of the match you are coming up against level 3 players with ghillie suits on and it makes bolt actions pretty pointless.

It does play really well now.

Yes I really like the new version, greatly improved. I like the change to the lighting and colours, it isn't now a screen of vivid green and I can see people a lot easier.

I agree the loot truck, imo its a little ridiculous but I can live with it.

Sanhok was one of my least favourtie maps but its jumped up a lot in my opinion.

They just need to sort out Eringal now, honestly I think that map is awful.

Soldato
I do get a bit fed up of the streamers and pro's moaning about Vikendi and Sanhok and that they are "bad" and "shouldn't be used for pro games". A map is a map is a map in my opinion; its the same level playing field for everybody. I just don't understand why there is all this hate for them amongst the pro scene - you can't just keep playing Erangel ad infinitum.

Soldato
I do get a bit fed up of the streamers and pro's moaning about Vikendi and Sanhok and that they are "bad" and "shouldn't be used for pro games". A map is a map is a map in my opinion; its the same level playing field for everybody. I just don't understand why there is all this hate for them amongst the pro scene - you can't just keep playing Erangel ad infinitum.

I dont get it either.

Now Sanhok is updated I've come to realise personally I really dislike Erengal.

Associate
Erangel is my least favourite map as just too big and the loot is naff. Getting used to the buffed Sanhok.

I think I had the indignity of being killed by a bot this morning. Never saw it until it opened fire and 2nd burst was a head shot. Tried to prone by a bush but got finished off. What stats sites are folks using to review your games / number of bots etc? I was using pubg.op.gg before but it seems to take really long to update (match I won at 9am still not showing now)?

Soldato
Erangel is my least favourite map as just too big and the loot is naff. Getting used to the buffed Sanhok.

Yea 100%. I think what I don't like about the map, the loot around the random structures and compounds is awful, meaning if you don't hot drop at one of the prime locations, apartments, school, military base etc, you'll be wondering around not getting much.

The first circle hits and tends to exclude a lot of the land mass, not uncommon for 75%bof the map to be excluded after the first circle.

So basically it forces you to A: hot drop, B: get lucky the place you got dropped doesn't get screwed by the circle.

If you look at Mirimar, the loot is a lot more evenly distributed over the map, plus the circles are much less aggressive in terms of excluding land mass.

Associate
Also depends what you play. I only play solo so want to have a chance of some decent loot and get in a few battles rather than spend my time travelling long distances to get in the zone. If your playing squads its probably more fun driving around etc.

I actually quite enjoy TDM mode even they broke a few things in the last patch and some of the maps are a little one sided. Its good for getting your aim on point with no worries about dying once and being out.

kdd

kdd

Soldato
Overall I think I prefer the game with bots in, makes the difficulty curve a bit more forgiving and you are still building up to a tough challenge at the end!

Soldato
I don't know yet, but I'm looking forwards to it. Still play this game very regularly and now they have removed queue times you can have some really good games on ALL maps! Before, maps like Miramar were a total bot fest. Queue times were very self-defeating. The game really is in the best state its ever been in. Erangel doesn't need reworking in any way though, its fine. Its a classic map now, tweak the graphics maybe, but otherwise its fine and just personal taste.

Associate
Don't touch Erangel, it's the still the best map, dare I say it will go down as one of the classic multiplayer maps in years to come.

I still play regularly, not on PC though, i got sick of all the blatant cheaters. After the bot fiasco I didnt think the devs had it in them to keep the game alive, glad to see i was wrong, really looking to a new map

Associate
From what I have seen the player base is very much split in two now. Firstly there are the more experienced players who are very good at the game and prefer the bigger maps, then there are the COD crowd who stick to the smaller maps.

I expect the developers have the view that the future of the game depends on pandering to the latter.

Back
Top Bottom