70c Idle Temperature Ryzen 7 3800XT

Soldato
R
It's the 50 degrees on startup that's bugging me. Computer was off all night, instantly reading 50 in BIOS?

My case is this

Fan setup:
* Radiator on top of case
* 2 140mm fans intake at front
* 2 140mm fans out at the bottom of the case

Might be worth noting that the water temp usually reads as 30 degrees.

I know its a small case so temps will be higher but I'm not sure they should be this high?

I would have thought having the bottom fans as intake would be more efficient than exhaust. Doubt its the issue though, as that isn't exactly a tiny ITX case :p

What temp does it settle to when running a CPU bench?

Associate
Your issue sounds very similar to the one I had a few weeks back. I have a 3950x and was running it with a brand new kraken x53. Temperatures were around 60 degrees on start up. After a day it just packed up and would overheat before I could even get into Windows. It sounds like you might need a RMA. I am now using a Corsair h115i And have start up temps of 35 degrees

Soldato
What does HWINFO say? Install it and leave on idle for a while, then play a game and keep it running and check after a while. Let's see min, avg and max. If it helps, my mobo gives bogus temps in the bios, although, readings could be core or tdie. Want the latter.

Associate
OP
I've emailed both the retailer I purchased the cooler from and NZXT themselves to see if they've had any other customers with similar issues.
As for running HWINFO, I'm afraid I'm away this weekend so won't be able to get you a reading till Monday.

I was playing Hell Let Loose last night and was sat at a solid 77 degrees, I've got the side panel off and it was like having a heater on my right foot haha.

Back
Top Bottom