Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Man of Honour
Fans! Arctic P14 PWM PST.

Arctic-P14-PST-PWM.jpg

Associate
Ha, good spot. I can see the disc calipers on the front... but no disc. I imagine it's the same on the back, but I can't see. Let's hope he's aware before he takes it for a ride :eek:

ha ha, the bike has very thin disks on it I presume to save weight, the previous owner bought lighter wheel, a carbon seat post. They work well though, so I might keep them on :) If you look closely under the front brake caliper you can just about see the disk a bit like a spider's web.

Associate
Looks awesome. I love my gravel. That seat is droped though!

The seat is slammed down quite a bit as that is both comfortable and looking at a load of bike fit videos the correct height for me. A lot of people get physical ailments as a result of their seat being too high...

Question you may be able to answer, with a aluminium frame and a carbon fork, what grease do you use for the headset? Anything special, or just some lithium based stuff?

Soldato

@Raymond Lin - lovin' the look of that aged strat (i personally remove the arm) and like the tidy look of that well specced amp (reviews well, from brief look).

How are you finding the amp? I was looking at buying a dedicated laptop and DAW as i thought i might finally dip my toe into BIAS FX or similar (i have never fully embraced this tech - preferring physical hardware as i play for myself and we're quite remote so no worry of disturbing neighbours.)

I'm also intrigued with the twin speaker spec and how this sounds - it seems a lot of oomph packed into a munchkin size unit - and stylish too, which is always a bonus. But, reading the reviews it would seem that the supplied app makes the BIAS FX software redundant - and if it does would make the amp an absolute steal for me. I noticed @Whoop's post (if you have input @Whoop feel free to add your 2 cents) - but my expectations wont be so high as, as mentioned, it's not a tech i've embraced so if it's relatively easy to use, and fun to dabble - it will suit my purposes, perfectly.

Additional: If you don't mind me asking, where did you source yours?

Soldato
4Hu5q7Ql.jpg

Purchased Pandemic board game and some taster teas from TeaPigs to see if I can find anything I like.

box contains:
Trim with Guarana
Jasmine Pearls
Apple and Cinnamon
Rooibos Crème Caramel
Chai
Popcorn
Snooze with Lavender
Early Grey Strong
Everyday Brew
Darjeeling Earl Grey
Calm with Valerian
Chocolate Flake

Caporegime
@Raymond Lin - lovin' the look of that aged strat (i personally remove the arm) and like the tidy look of that well specced amp (reviews well, from brief look).

How are you finding the amp? I was looking at buying a dedicated laptop and DAW as i thought i might finally dip my toe into BIAS FX or similar (i have never fully embraced this tech - preferring physical hardware as i play for myself and we're quite remote so no worry of disturbing neighbours.)

I'm also intrigued with the twin speaker spec and how this sounds - it seems a lot of oomph packed into a munchkin size unit - and stylish too, which is always a bonus. But, reading the reviews it would seem that the supplied app makes the BIAS FX software redundant - and if it does would make the amp an absolute steal for me. I noticed @Whoop's post (if you have input @Whoop feel free to add your 2 cents) - but my expectations wont be so high as, as mentioned, it's not a tech i've embraced so if it's relatively easy to use, and fun to dabble - it will suit my purposes, perfectly.

Additional: If you don't mind me asking, where did you source yours?

I have never used any DAW, even though I have a Mac so I have Garage Band since forever. Plugging a guitar into a computer I dunno, seems alien to me, I like my physical tactile thing I guess. This however isn’t my first digital amp though, I also have the Yamaha THR10, and even that I’ve never plugged it into a computer either and just use it as it is. I just find playing at the computer desk not comfortable. So I use it with just the knobs on the amp.

uCVkJqu.jpg

The Spark is like the Yamaha in that regard and in fact does less if I am just using the knobs at the top without the app but because of the app, the Spark is just brilliant. It is so much easier to tap a pedal, turn it on in the app and instantly changes the sound in the amp. Same with all amp settings and amp type and style. I have a LOT of pedals, and this app covers pretty much all the most common ones and I think simple value for money, this is the best guitar gadget I’ve ever bought.

The built quality is great, it’s quite heavy, I don’t get any hum with mine, well I am using the Strat so you get single coil hum but with my hand in the strings it’s silent. I haven’t tried it with my Les Paul yet.

I got it through their website, ordered late May so 2 months wait at the moment but I think they are getting faster all the time. I know people who ordered back in November and only got it in March so it’s less time has more than halved.

To think how it sounds, you know those Marshall Stanmore home audio speakers for Alexa or music? It’s a lot like that. You can use this for that too, the app has Spotify and Apple Music integrates and those Stanmore is £200 and this is £200 too and you can plug your guitar into it. Free guitar amp!

Caporegime
The seat is slammed down quite a bit as that is both comfortable and looking at a load of bike fit videos the correct height for me. A lot of people get physical ailments as a result of their seat being too high...

Question you may be able to answer, with a aluminium frame and a carbon fork, what grease do you use for the headset? Anything special, or just some lithium based stuff?

I use some Teflon grease for just about everything.

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/finish-line-teflon-grease/rp-prod980

Back
Top Bottom