Canvas bag morons at self-service tills

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Don’t go to the co-op every day, problem solved.

It’ll be measurably quicker regardless of what technique the baggers use :)

Man of Honour
Never seen that lol

Sounds like a London thing?

Surely the sensible thing would be to have 2 bags :D

I’ve not noticed it either, but full disclosure here, I haven’t been in a supermarket for months now.
I’ve donned my mask and wandered into a newsagents, or a pharmacy, but that’s about it.
While I don’t take exception to your remark, what makes it sound like a London thing?

Associate
'I smell a rat.'
When the items are being removed from the canvas bag to pay for the items. Is there not the possibility that the buyer may have left a few items in the bag without paying for them.
Also, I got the impression that no item is allowed to be put into your bag without paying for it.
I have seen shoppers at the self service till removing items from their personal bags to pay. Sadly, the first thought that comes in my mind is 'theft.'

Soldato
If people don't want to use a basket, and Lysander is going to have a nervous breakdown over people using their canvas bag as as basket instead, surely the answer is just...have two bags?

- Fill one as you walk round. Keep the other one folded in side it.
- Get to till.
- Unfold second bag and place it in the scales. Weigh.
- Take items from first bag. Scan and place into second bag.
- Pay. While card authorising, fold first bag and place into second bag along with groceries.
- Effect your egress.

That said, I've never seen this happen. And rarely have I had the scales fail to weigh my bags.

Caporegime
If people don't want to use a basket, and Lysander is going to have a nervous breakdown over people using their canvas bag as as basket instead, surely the answer is just...have two bags?

- Fill one as you walk round. Keep the other one folded in side it.
- Get to till.
- Unfold second bag and place it in the scales. Weigh.
- Take items from first bag. Scan and place into second bag.
- Pay. While card authorising, fold first bag and place into second bag along with groceries.
- Effect your egress.

That said, I've never seen this happen. And rarely have I had the scales fail to weigh my bags.

Logical.

Caporegime
2 bags don't work any better than one..

maybe some scales are better than others depending on how big the bagging area is.

like asda ones are crap, tesco ones are crap.

morrisons seem to have a really big bagging area on the self service to maybe they are different

most people don't take the risk of needing a member of staff to attend the machine anyway, it just takes longer.

you whingers surely have something better to do with your lives

I have seen shoppers at the self service till removing items from their personal bags to pay. Sadly, the first thought that comes in my mind is 'theft.'
isn't it only theft when you attempt to leave without paying.

whys a store provided basket any worse than a customers bag?
you can steal with either and a basket makes you less of a suspect

Soldato
I'll admit it. I do this. When free bags disappeared I brought canvas bags and could not for the life of me get the till to accept them being put down first. I also had the problem that the canvas bags limit the space in the metal basket. The solution is to place items directly into the canvas bag and empty them at the till and refill once paid.

Back
Top Bottom