Pain... I've learnt about pain

Soldato
That sounds terrible. As others have said, I think you should speak with your Doctor (and make sure they understand how much pain you're enduring).

Caporegime
I slipped a disc a while back and it caused some sciatic nerve damage. Occasionally I use pain killers (4 x 500mg of Paracetamol/Ibruprophen tablets) to ease it a little. Never had any constipation at all. There are also 'numbing' sprays out there which can help to a degree...

Soldato
Worst pain I've ever had was after my double heart op I got catheterised, upon waking up i was in so much pain with the catheter being in they had to remove it which was OK until 24 hours later i hadn't peed and needed to be re-catheterized again. I was in absolute agony as they inserted the tube and was literary screaming the ward down. After a few days i was informed that when they inserted the catheter during the original heart op that had damaged the actual pee tube inside and this was why i was in so much discomfort and pain. I still suffer to this day 3 years later.

Associate
Just a thought, but could the doctor not temporarily prescribe something like Omeprazole to lower your stomach acid thus reducing the burning?

If not, try a teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda with water every few hours. I take it for heartburn as it neutralizes acid as well, so in theory it should help.

Hope you feel better soon!

Soldato
OP
Just a thought, but could the doctor not temporarily prescribe something like Omeprazole to lower your stomach acid thus reducing the burning?

If not, try a teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda with water every few hours. I take it for heartburn as it neutralizes acid as well, so in theory it should help.

Hope you feel better soon!
Thank you.
I'll do that

Soldato
Don't you have an annoying neighbour with an easy to reach letterbox that you could use, so the pain you feel whilst pooping gets mixed with the joy you get from your poop-filled revenge leading to a neutral experience overall? :D

Soldato
OP
Don't you have an annoying neighbour with an easy to reach letterbox that you could use, so the pain you feel whilst pooping gets mixed with the joy you get from your poop-filled revenge leading to a neutral experience overall? :D
If I fancied running down the street but naked whilst holding a aloe Vera wet wipe upon my anus.... I'd do that to one household I can think of :eek:

Soldato
I am surprised you have not been offered Morphine.
He definitely needs help, but opiates and constipation go together, as I discovered during horrendous sciatica episodes. The sciatica was totally debilitating in an agonising and scary way, but the bad rectal tear caused by chronic constipation from the codeine (which only took the edge off the pain for a short time) added a whole new dimension to the word misery. Stool softeners like Movicol/Laxido help a lot though, once I knew such things existed and work well. They're available without prescription.

Don't take your bums for granted folks! There are many miserable pains in life, but there is something uniquely agonising and terrifying about serious rectal issues. The phrase 'right pain in the backside' is used in all sorts of light-hearted, colloquial ways, but I think there's a reason why it became part of everyday vocabulary... once experienced, never forgotten!

Soldato
Several years ago I broke my back.
I thought this was the tike I found out about my limits with pain.

Untill the last 48 hours.

I had hemmaroidal tissue reduction surgery, along with other bigger bits in the same region.
The hours after the procedure were reasonable.

But last night, wow.

I had to "expel" the gauze that was left internally as is expected.

But the build up to this was worse than when I broke my back. The agonising pain and pressure was something I wish never to repeat. My wife was terrified due to my wailing as it was happening. I thought my insides were ripping apart and trying to escape like an Alien chest burster, but trying to evacuate from my bowels.

As soon as it happened the torrent of black liquid that followed was like a volcano erupted from within, covering the toilet and myself. Collapsed on the floor I felt relief. But then the burning started. As if I had rubbed a ghost chilli upon my anus.

Every time I empty my bowels since (about once and hour), is like chillies expelling themselves in search for a better life.

I have to take seriously strong laxatives to ensure damage to the bowl is reduced. Causing stomach acid to ensure its way to the back passage.

I'm unsure how to go on. How muchonger will this pain continue? Internet says weeks.
I can't do it...although I must.

:(

Were you not prescribed Oxy or some other opioid along a very strong laxative?

Soldato
If I fancied running down the street but naked whilst holding a aloe Vera wet wipe upon my anus.... I'd do that to one household I can think of :eek:

Can you imagine the trauma they'd suffer, hearing the outrageous screams of anger and pain coming from their front door, then slowly lifting the internal letterbox flap to see what's happening outside only to be greeted by the sight of the angry eye of Sauron projecting a fountain of aloe vera scented black goo straight into their terrified faces as they try to scramble back into the hallway but keep slipping and sliding on the black goo whilst the noxious gas starts to melt the paint from the walls?

I mean I'd chuckle :D

Back
Top Bottom