e-Golf or Zoe?

Associate
OP
I used to have a first gen Zoe, and really liked it. I didn't think I would but bought it because it was incredibly cheap, fixed-cost motoring at £150 per month. It completely converted me to electric. It was a better drive that the e53 X5, B7 A4, Seat Leon and Mondeo Ghia X I'd had before it.

I've not test driven the golf either in ICE or electric form, so I am just guessing that it will be a low driving position.

I'm leaning more towards the Zoe for longer range, more toys, higher driving position at the moment. I really want to test drive the eGolf but nobody has them as demonstrators as they're old stock.

Associate
OP
I would probably go for the shorter lease as the electric car landscape will likely change a lot in 3 years giving you a better selection for similar price when it comes to changing. The Zoe may be a bit slow with only 110hp vs 135hp in the Golf.
I've just been looking into the speed/power thing and the GT Line, which is the top spec at the moment, comes with 133bhp as standard. It's only the pov spec ones that use the 106bhp motor now.

Soldato
I'm leaning more towards the Zoe for longer range, more toys, higher driving position at the moment.

Just noticed that the 100KW i GT Line R135 50KWh are on 1+23 for ~£245 per month, which is way better than the 1+47 at £290 even if no CCS, I'd check to see how much it is to add, but over a £2k saving on 48 months, or £1k over 24 months seems like a decent deal.

Associate
OP
Just noticed that the 100KW i GT Line R135 50KWh are on 1+23 for ~£245 per month, which is way better than the 1+47 at £290 even if no CCS, I'd check to see how much it is to add, but over a £2k saving on 48 months, or £1k over 24 months seems like a decent deal.
Where are you finding those prices? Are they for 10k miles?

BMW i3. You know you want to.
The i3 and the Soul EV are the 2 cars that I really can't stand the look of. The fact that they're expensive makes the decision easier.

Soldato
Where are you finding those prices? Are they for 10k miles?

£272 for 10k miles, ZenAuto/Electric Auto, I suggest calling them as their offers seem to change daily, but they have vehicles in stock, including rapid charge models.

I'd check the cost per mile though, after the included mileage. It actually works out 0.2ppm more for me to pay after rather than paying up front, so I took the lowest option, and I am glad I did now due to lockdown, otherwise would have wasted loads. If the difference is say £25 per month, for 24 month, that is £600, or if it is 6.5ppm inc. VAT then you are at £650 to add 10,000 miles at the end if you do use them all. :)

Back
Top Bottom