• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Brand new 1080ti?

Soldato
Great buy.
I sold my EVGA 1080ti SC used a few months ago for £450. It did have an extended 5 year warranty on it though and had almost a year left.

Stick with the EVGA 1080Ti instead of selling it for some AMD nads :D

Soldato
Great buy.
I sold my EVGA 1080ti SC used a few months ago for £450. It did have an extended 5 year warranty on it though and had almost a year left.

Stick with the EVGA 1080Ti instead of selling it for some AMD nads :D

Extended warranty isn't passed to the second owner with EVGA!

Soldato
Extended warranty isn't passed to the second owner with EVGA!
I don't know why people keep telling me this. I have bought 2nd hand EVGA GPUs since the 780Ti and never had any problems returning a card (with extended warranties) 780Ti and 980Ti have been swapped out for new cards in the past. No issues, EVGA customer support is fantastic

The 780Ti had a bit of coil whine and the 980Ti wouldnt clock that well so they advised using a custom bios which didnt do much help then just said they would replace it!

Caporegime
I don't know why people keep telling me this. I have bought 2nd hand EVGA GPUs since the 780Ti and never had any problems returning a card (with extended warranties) 780Ti and 980Ti have been swapped out for new cards in the past. No issues, EVGA customer support is fantastic

The 780Ti had a bit of coil whine and the 980Ti wouldnt clock that well so they advised using a custom bios which didnt do much help then just said they would replace it!
I believe they’ve stopped the transfer.

Caporegime
If its got warranty then an okay purchase wouldn't call it great though.

The 2070 super runs 20 degrees cooler. Is faster is modern games and has RTX. It also uses less power and because of that it has a knock on effect with the heat and then the fans don't ever ramp up so it's whisper quiet.

I got my 2070 super for £440 new. Again of I had the choice I'd pick the 2070 super again because of all the improvements.

If evga reject the warranty then it's a terrible buy. £400 on a gpu with no warranty is risky. I'd rather just pay more for new.

Cpu last forever but gpu especially if hammered don't.

I doubt an ebay receipt will be acceptable.

Because they recently changed their terms and conditions on warranty.

Soldato
Because the 1080Ti is a faster card than the 2070 Super. If you dont care about heat / power or RTX and just want fast frames then it's still a great card

https://www.techspot.com/review/2017-geforce-1080-ti-vs-rtx-2070-super-vs-radeon-5700-xt/

eBay receipts were most certainly acceptable in April 2020.
I contacted EVGA before purchased, they said yes ebay receipts are acceptible. I bought the 2080Ti for £825 and added the receipt to the registered product in the member portal. They even said they would be happy to fit an EVGA hybrid cooler (for free) if I sent them the card with the cooler

Back
Top Bottom