BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
The front looks like horrendous oriental stereotype! Buck teeth, slanted eyes. Ironic that it's been designed largely to appeal to the Asian market.
The current m4 however is really good looking. I was just massively disappointed with it in terms of power application and handling.
I wonder how many people it will put off in the rest of the world, surely it's not impossible to have a different from end for everywhere apart from asia?

Caporegime
I wonder how many people it will put off in the rest of the world, surely it's not impossible to have a different from end for everywhere apart from asia?

I've actually wondered that. Cars in the past often had something similar where there would be slight differences for say the EU market vs the American. Can't see why they couldn't. The problem is people will still lease them in their droves over here for badge status.

Man of Honour
At the same time BMW announced that some options with be available on subscription like adaptive cruise/high beam assit/heated steering wheel. For that to work the hardware needs to be present it will be interesting to see if all new build have the radar on the front although as far as I can tell the adaptive cruise on Minis/i3s only uses the camera system to detect traffic so they might be offering a lesser option using the camera which is already standard on the 3 Series.

Half of me thinks this is ridiculous - paying a subscription for heated seats? But the other half thinks that it could be useful in the UK market where nobody ever specs anything. You could then pay extra to add spec to a lower spec used car..

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Inevitably someone will come along and hack it in order to enable everything for free?
Where will all the buttons be for these hidden features?

Seems stupid. It's a car not Microsoft Office or Adobe :mad:

Soldato
Does that mean it’s cheaper to fit all cars with the same (but more expensive) item to reduce the cost of producing different parts that do the same job? So the total cost of manufacturing would be reduced.

Man of Honour
Honestly a browse through the AUC M340i stock is just depressing.

Black wheels, Black grilles, no adaptive cruise

It's like they come from the factory ideally suited to the tastes of the buyer who will get it from Ebay in 15 years time.

Soldato

It's like they come from the factory ideally suited to the tastes of the buyer who will get it from Ebay in 15 years time.

They should come with a box of dime bags and a extra storage space in the rear boot floor :D

Man of Honour

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Last edited:

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
At the same time BMW announced that some options with be available on subscription like adaptive cruise/high beam assit/heated steering wheel. For that to work the hardware needs to be present it will be interesting to see if all new build have the radar on the front although as far as I can tell the adaptive cruise on Minis/i3s only uses the camera system to detect traffic so they might be offering a lesser option using the camera which is already standard on the 3 Series.

This is a ludicrous system but could be absolutely superb in the used market. Buying a used BMW is a minefield and an exercise in compromise as to spec. Add to this that the system will almost certainly be hacked, and this could be really great for someone buying a used car in a few years time with many hackable options.

Soldato
Not being funny fox but from your description it sounds like a 320i would be ideal. If you don’t require or have any need for the performance a m340i has...then surely a 320i or similar would perform exact same in comfort, handling etc - everything but the performance.

Also has to be said the black grill suits the new 3 series far more than the chrome.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Not being funny fox but from your description it sounds like a 320i would be ideal. If you don’t require or have any need for the performance a m340i has...then surely a 320i or similar would perform exact same in comfort, handling etc - everything but the performance.

Also has to be said the black grill suits the new 3 series far more than the chrome.
Having had a 320i Touring for a few days, no. It's under powered and it sounds like ****.

Man of Honour

A BMW should have a 6 cylinder engine. It's not all about performance, it's about smoothness, refinement, etc.

I'd rather have (and have opted twice now) a 6 cylinder diesel than a 4 cylinder petrol.

Man of Honour
Is that a factory colour? It's been about 20 years since BMW offered stupid colours! The body colour's epic, but the black stuff everywhere makes me sick.

-edit. That page lists the original colour as Sapphire Black. So it's a wrap. WTF are BMW doing selling an AUC car with a wrap on it?!

AUC are pretty flexible on mods it turns out.

I recently enquired about an M4 and it had full aftermarket suspension and a Miltek exhaust... they were offering a 3 year warranty too if you take out their PCP finance.

Soldato

Sounds like being able to order my own car is going to be a god send, depending on the lead time at least.

Back
Top Bottom