******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Soldato
Are people still falling for the con that is Star Citizen? It could have been so great, but now it just seems to be a business of selling a dream and pixel ships to people with more money than sense. I'm sure CR has got a lovely house out of it though.
Glad I bailed years ago.

Associate
I absolute love the game, scale and the vision of the project, but my god am I getting a sick of it..

uninstalled it and gonna check in on it in a years time, in that time I’ll do my best to stay clear of ALL news regarding updates, including SQ42 and Pyro.

hopefully by that time server meshing will at least be in..

Soldato
I absolute love the game, scale and the vision of the project, but my god am I getting a sick of it..

uninstalled it and gonna check in on it in a years time, in that time I’ll do my best to stay clear of ALL news regarding updates, including SQ42 and Pyro.

hopefully by that time server meshing will at least be in..
I'm thinking of the same

Soldato
I'm still getting phonecalls from the guy I sold my original account to asking, no begging, me to buy it back off of him. :D

CiG bought mine off me, which was decent of them. Like most people, I'd love to play the game some day, but I'm not waiting for it. If it appears some day, then yay. Otherwise.....oh well.

I keep getting their recruiters chasing me, part of me is occasionally tempted as there would no doubt be some great challenges to get stuck in to, but I suspect the place is maddeningly dysfunctional.

Soldato
CiG bought mine off me, which was decent of them. Like most people, I'd love to play the game some day, but I'm not waiting for it. If it appears some day, then yay. Otherwise.....oh well.

I keep getting their recruiters chasing me, part of me is occasionally tempted as there would no doubt be some great challenges to get stuck in to, but I suspect the place is maddeningly dysfunctional.
its still better then most games out nowadays

Soldato
its still better then most games out nowadays

The persistent world is the main attraction, and as such I have zero interest in paying to testing a game on servers that are going to be wiped.

Day zero, at launch is when I start playing....and I am definitely not holding my breath for that day!

Soldato
The persistent world is the main attraction, and as such I have zero interest in paying to testing a game on servers that are going to be wiped.

Day zero, at launch is when I start playing....and I am definitely not holding my breath for that day!
Totally agree. To each their own but if it were me I would be worried about burnout before the game even launches
The second I can play without a wipe.however I will take a few days off work (if I am not retired) and give it a crack
I am 44 and plan to retire at 60 so we shall see.

Soldato

Honestly don’t think there will be a launch day as such... what will happen is at some point they’ll just announce “no more wipes” and then carry on as normal.

I agree though, I do enjoy jumping in and playing but there’s no real incentive for me personally to play properly for any length of time as it all ultimately gets wiped. At least they’ve gone quite a while without a wipe now though as opposed to every single patch!

Associate
I bought a few basic ships way in the beginning (2012), even subscribed for a few months but soon realised that SC stood for Scope Creep. Cancelled my subscription, uninstalled it and haven't looked at it since, probably like a lot of people.

If only I could get my investment back, I would.

Caporegime
There are some good answers to questions later in that video but you have to listen carefully because these guys are kind of dickish idiots talking over eachother and wanting to rush to stupid immature crap like no one wants to know when Pyro or SQ42 will be released because things like that are not as important to people watching a LEAKS stream as pratting around with an Idris Rail gun attached to a sabre....... the lack self awareness of these people is really annoying talking over another one answering a paid super chat question because they are far too involved in entertaining themselves.

Soldato
I'm going to guess that they skate over the SQ42 elephant as there's almost nothing new to show and they have been diverting resources from that to other parts of the project.
NO they said expect beta Q2 next year.

full transcript.

(Started Late so sorry) SCLeaks Idris tour stream notes Do the cranes in the hangar fit? no, they're static
Does valk fit in idris? No
Can you fly the ship yet? No,
he broke the seats but it's possible biggest ship that can fit? width-wise, eclipse; cutlass can't fit because of turret; freelancer can fit Redeemer MIGHT fit, but it's tall
Did hater get a new mic? No, not yet Idris is still pretty dark, was necessary for the tour to be 'good'
Why is hater hater? Hater = epic gamer name, 115 = element 115 from nazi zombies Execute? judge, jury, EXECUTEioner Piggles? he has no idea LOL
New roadmap inception news? Will be talked about later Should idris be more polished because SQ42? piggles - is more polished internally There is a hidden engineering area Piggles favorite area - brig control room Retaliator in idris? not known Docking?
possibly argo only Aaron halo being worked on? Yes, not much hater has heard about though Any easter eggs on idris?

piggles hasn't found any Hangar signs are shorted to 'HNGR' on idris vending machines working in SQ42? no clue How many player beds on idris? somewhere between 20 and 34 CCTV system hinted at for ships?

hater has heard something, the others haven't; "kinda setup only for cinematics"

There was a ship clown question Fire extinguishers on ship? piggles: "everywhere" Fire tech is not a thing yet Apparently one of the escape pods is working Any spoilers in idris for SQ42? piggles - "there are some bits and pieces lying around" hater - "the idris itself is a spoiler in CIG's mind" How easy to infliltrate idris? 5 ingress points How much money towards hater's mic? goal was met Thruster shields in the hangar? piggles - "they can flip up" - aircraft carrier style There are air shields on the entrance and exit to the main hangar In game conversion for different idris variants? Take to a ship dock to do it

More

Idris in game for players? not until probably after SQ42 episode one Idris has a landing spline for the hangar Explosion of idris was glorious.

Icache and server meshing? No news.

Digital citcon? hater knows some but can't talk about it; some demonstration of tech news on other cap ships? - already been talked about 400i? "cancelled"

Tumbril ranger? no news Work from home? mixture of difficulty - some believe it's BETTER than usual Hornet changes? no news Redeemer? likely end of year MSR? on time Taurus? "watch ISC" hover mode? "not something they want to go full depth into" CIG feeling on criticism? "it's a mixture"; "not good communication between devs and marketing";

disconnect Planets for pyro? 3-4, and however many moons Salvage? no MSR close to concept? maybe Kraken being worked on? not really, just a vault post Vanduul ships leak stream coming.

Why don't we hear from CR more? He's busy

Piggles spawned a sabre with an S10 Idris railgun Drone gameplay? hater - "15 years" (joke); "maybe after SQ42" SQ42 release? Q2 next year Swimming? no news

ToW? 3.11 maybe or even 3.10.1 Quanta? basic stuff being built; probably won't be out within the next year Mystery suit in roadmap? nothing new; hater speculation: "maybe pyro armor" Talon might not be 3.10.x

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom