What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
Just removed the Invidia Q300 catback I put on 4 months ago. It's reputed to be one of the quieter systems on the market for my car, but as I have an aftermarket manifold and sports cat, the catback made it a little loud for my taste. So I've returned to the stock system.

Caporegime
Permabanned
@Acme thanks wanted something that does not **** up Zs nice line and looks factory and that. And Nismo version 2 is best for that V1 looks like **** from behind. Yes this is original nismo design....
n3502bmnmorw-oncar-01_600x600.jpg

Version 3 too race more of an Evo sharp car look dont like it on rounded Z
4E089115-D598-4E3F-AB1F-F8FCA37C30B1.jpeg.b60bfe0c30bb1d4f4ec6f2742155e8b2.jpeg

Today slowly mended up that crackk from courier its not perfect but only on close look u can tell its been fixt up :p

a813ed3ee5dbc0eb7b42b841a5c1c4725691a59a.jpeg

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I read the linked article and I'd like to summarise it whilst substituting it for a modern day car for relevance.

So, I've always wanted something amazing. The Mercedes Benz E63S AMG is the stuff of legends, it is <insert history of AMG>. So against my better judgement, it was time, the feeling was right, I was going to take the plunge. The epic history of AMG awaits, the feeling of supreme power. I present my new.. E220 CDI.

Soldato
Thanks for the feedback guys, really appreciated; one of the drawbacks is that I have quite a limited word count, so I've had to crowbar quite a lot into a relatively short space. Well, that and the fact that I've probably been staring at it for too long.

Based on what you've said, though, I've just given it a few tweaks to hopefully clarify what's going on (although the next update will explain what the car actually is and what the plan is).

Probably a bit too much assumed prior knowledge on my behalf, which (on reflection) isn't a surprise given I've been talking about it elsewhere and owned it for a while. :)

I present my new.. E220 CDI.

Yeah, but you missed the bit about where I turn the E220 CDI into something that can almost match the one-off E63S. :p It is only an introduction, to set the stage, after all. Gotta have some context!

:D

Last edited:
Soldato
I read the original article and took it you bought the car to slap two turbos on it and go for 200mph + if you are not going to do that I will be disappointed.

I follow a few America you tubers and it looks fairly easy/cheap to get 1000bhp out of the V8 if it lasts anymore than a few passes is another matter.

Soldato
I read the original article and took it you bought the car to slap two turbos on it and go for 200mph + if you are not going to do that I will be disappointed.

Yeah, that's about it. :D

Just going for a big single, initially at least, though – primarily for packaging and simplicity's sake. Already got the manifolds, among a long list of other parts, but I just need to tweak the wastegate outlet to clear the front chassis rail. Not got a vast amount of room to play with, which I suspect will be a recurring point of contention.

Caporegime
Yeah, that's about it. :D

Just going for a big single, initially at least, though – primarily for packaging and simplicity's sake. Already got the manifolds, among a long list of other parts, but I just need to tweak the wastegate outlet to clear the front chassis rail. Not got a vast amount of room to play with, which I suspect will be a recurring point of contention.

You're just lucky that the bits you need for the power are so much smaller than they were in the 80's. Back then they probably used two turbos the size of Dysons.

Soldato
You're just lucky that the bits you need for the power are so much smaller than they were in the 80's. Back then they probably used two turbos the size of Dysons.

I do not envy the packaging challenges posed by it all, to say the least... :D

uaEnjW3.jpg

Sealing up and using the chassis rails as part of the intake tract. Genius.

bJN

bJN

Soldato
Was toying with replacing the boring Civic with something a bit newer, nicer and more economical. Ended up just fixing it, ~£550 for new front shocks, top mounts, ARB droplinks, and an ABS sensor and it drives great again. Odd to think I've put near 100k miles on it now, owned by an old dear before me who managed 40k miles since new. Couldn't justify leasing or buying something new when I'm aiming to mortgage up and get a house next year...

Soldato
Was toying with replacing the boring Civic with something a bit newer, nicer and more economical. Ended up just fixing it, ~£550 for new front shocks, top mounts, ARB droplinks, and an ABS sensor and it drives great again. Odd to think I've put near 100k miles on it now, owned by an old dear before me who managed 40k miles since new. Couldn't justify leasing or buying something new when I'm aiming to mortgage up and get a house next year...

No shame in that :) Better the devil you know!

Back
Top Bottom