Does this sound like your missus?

Associate
I was working (finally) at the house of a young couple last week. It was mid-afternoon and the young bloke was stretched out on their settee on his iPad. The conversation went something like this:

Her: “Adam, where are your socks? I’m going to do some washing.”

Him: “In the hall on the floor, next to my shoes.”

... a minute or so later...

Her: “Adam, where are your pants?”

Him: “Try the bathroom floor!”

Grinning to myself, I tried to imagine my own wife having the same conversation - and failed miserably!

Do some blokes have all the luck?!

Caporegime
I'll be honest, I'm not as bad as that but my wife does do all the washing and she sorts through all my stuff for me.

I think it started when she began working from home about 5 years ago.

Now we're both working from home, but she still does it all.

Edit - And we wouldn't be shouting out about stuff like that with a tradesperson round!

Caporegime
I was working (finally) at the house of a young couple last week. It was mid-afternoon and the young bloke was stretched out on their settee on his iPad. The conversation went something like this:

Her: “Adam, where are your socks? I’m going to do some washing.”

Him: “In the hall on the floor, next to my shoes.”

... a minute or so later...

Her: “Adam, where are your pants?”

Him: “Try the bathroom floor!”

Grinning to myself, I tried to imagine my own wife having the same conversation - and failed miserably!

Do some blokes have all the luck?!
Sounds like the kind of conversations I hear from the house opposite. The guy there is called Adam...

Soldato
i do my own, anyone else cannot be trusted to do all my stuff on non-bio and not spin it 2 years wear, dry.

just coz you have a ferrari doesnt mean you should drive it 200mph everywhere. rip washing machines spin dryers. but it goes to 11...

Soldato
My fiance is a doctor with a busier work schedule than me. But her 'relaxation' time is tidying the house from top to bottom, including all washing, loading dishwasher etc. She even encourages me to play a game while she does it.

Need to marry this one asap.

Associate
I'll be honest, I'm not as bad as that but my wife does do all the washing and she sorts through all my stuff for me.

I think it started when she began working from home about 5 years ago.

Now we're both working from home, but she still does it all.

Edit - And we wouldn't be shouting out about stuff like that with a tradesperson round!

dont u think u should be pitching in? instead of letting her do it all?

Soldato
Roles are reversed for me unfortunately. Every piece of clothing she touches turns inside out immediately. Like a tragically bad magic trick.

Soldato
I would give the husband-to-be the death stare until he felt frightened enough to get off his bum and fetch his dirty washing from whatever floor they were on.:D

I should point out that it generally never comes to that, he’s very good at putting his laundry in the washing basket.

Soldato
My missus does the washing in our house but we have a laundry basket that everything goes in.

Who leaves shoes and socks lying around in the hall.

Lie on your couch on the ipad when your house is tidy...

Associate
My partner is crap at tidying up after herself. Just takes socks off anywhere and leaves them, leaves wet towels in the living room after showers, shoes everywhere, bloody nightmare. Forever picking up after her! But she does look after me in many ways, cooks lots of meals, buys me treats while gaming, makes me endless cups of tea etc. So guess it balances out.

Back
Top Bottom