New Dell IPS S2721DGF 165hz gaming monitor

Associate
Hello, I’m following this thread closely. This monitor seems to be a great upgrade from my current U2414H.

Is anyone able to get a discount code for this monitor? My company is doesn’t provide one

Associate
Wondering the same thing. Found the manual on the Dell support page but it doesn't seem to mention a sRGB mode... Maybe an owner can confirm?
Cant see the sRBG options within the menus on the screen.

The screen is better with the drivers and profile installed . Also Nvidia owners will need to update to the latest drivers as well.

So far the games that i have tested on it , looks really really good. Everything seems to be even smoother than my old S2417DG.

For the price its a very very good screen for gaming.

Associate

The screen is better with the drivers and profile installed . Also Nvidia owners will need to update to the latest drivers as well.

So far the games that i have tested on it , looks really really good. Everything seems to be even smoother than my old S2417DG.

Thanks for checking. I really dislike oversaturated colours, so it's sort of putting me off :(.

I bought a Dell ultrasharp 2408 for cheap back in the day, not realising it was a wide colour gamut screen. Admittedly it was on Win XP, then 7 so support was probably worse than 10, but I couldn't wait to get rid of it. Neon reds etc, ugh.

Associate
Its not really oversaturated for me. After I installed the monitor driver from dells website, it put a colour profile in automatically. It looks pretty good.

Soldato

I've got the same monitor, how does it compare with the black crush (banding across dark/black colours) the S2417DG suffers from? And what's the back light bleed like in dimly lit rooms please.

Thanks

Associate
I've got the same monitor, how does it compare with the black crush (banding across dark/black colours) the S2417DG suffers from? And what's the back light bleed like in dimly lit rooms please.

Thanks
It is a lot less Vs the S2417DG which is pretty bad but I put up with it. The S2721DGF blacks are really nice and black with almost no bleed , for example in Destiny 2 game in shadow areas it looks fantastic

Associate
I'm really confused whether to get this instead of the 27GL850 now, I'd been doing a lot of research and the GL850 seemed to be winning on most things, now this one pops up.. hmm..

Associate
The thing I love about Dell is that their CS is basically amazing, plus any monitor I have had from them in the past has been pixel perfect and a workhorse. I need to get a new monitor soon anyway, my brothers kids damaged my PG279Q

Associate
OP
It is a lot less Vs the S2417DG which is pretty bad but I put up with it. The S2721DGF blacks are really nice and black with almost no bleed , for example in Destiny 2 game in shadow areas it looks fantastic
Hi mate what's the blacks like compared to the u2719d I noticed I lose some detail in blacks with the dell u2719d unless I use standard but I don't like using that setting as it washes the blacks out. I tried custom but I bought a calibrator to try and sort that out.

My older ten year old Samsung gives me about the same blacks but does not loses the highlights in dark shadows. I tried a video of terminator salvation on YouTube and paused the part where she's in Bed and you see a close up of her face and a lot of shadow highlights are missing on the dell unless I use the gfx card brightness to 8 which pulls a little more out.

Just bought a monitor calibration kit.

Associate
It seems it may be the lg panel, display ninja have had it listed for a while under LG Nano IPS section of new monitors 2020 www.displayninja.com/new-monitors/
Should be fluid but the blacks are going to be terrible for night scenes and dark room usage. I know all IPS screens are like this but the LG panels have lower than normal contrast ratio. LG recently released a TV that uses an IPS panel with a 1500:1 contrast ratio, not great by any means but for an IPS it's decent, it's a shame that can't transfer over to their monitors.

Associate
Issue I have personally is that the backlight glow is not a consistent colour. Orange tint on right side, white on left side.

Man of Honour
Just went in on one of these @ £317 (cashback being willing). At the moment I'm on a Acer XF240H/Dell U2412M combo, I'm hoping to be able to combine these in to one more practically useful display. Estimated delivery before 18th August, hopefully that's just being a little reserved and it'll come soon.

Soldato
Yep I've just ordered one as well, a 10% discount popped up in the hot deals discussion so couldn't resist :)
I decided to go for the 5yr warranty with Dell, so price came to £381.48, delivery before 19th so have to wait a while. Hopefully no issue, otherwise it's going straight back :D

Associate
Had mine over the weekend. Really like it.

Not into monitor tech to the degree to know what uniformity etc is but I have only small amount of back light bleed on the bottom right corner which is much better than the PG279Q it replaces.

Colours also look better to me, more vivid.

Gaming feels smooth and snappy - feel no real difference to the PG with this.

Lastly, the stand footprint is smaller, meaning I have more desk space.

Overall, paid £380 including 5 year warranty and am chuffed.

Additionally, one of the main reasons I went for this over the LG is because of LGs really poor dead/bright pixel policy.

Back
Top Bottom