Audi owners in here!

Soldato
Ah apologies, thought B9 was the previous model, not the current model.
Do you have the MMI instruction manual in the glovebox?

When you’re playing a track on the SD in your Media screen, is there nothing similar to ‘control’ on the former MMI version? How do you see track info, fast forward, etc.?

Is this your version of MMI? https://ownersmanuals2.com/d/72620
See page 81 (p. 83 of the PDF)

that’s not the MMI that I have unfortunately

This is the one in my car: https://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/09/01/a4-b9-owners-manual/a4-b9-owners-manual.pdf

I did pour through the manual but couldn’t see anything specifically to do with my query. There are left and right control buttons either side of the touch wheel but there isn’t anything in the menu to do what I want

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
£826 for a years extended warranty on my B9 A4 Avant 2.0 TFSI 252ps Quattro. The age old question, to go for it or just stick the same amount aside in a pot. Haven’t got to decide until September when the car turns 3.

Website is now accepting my reg as it's coming up to 3 years 28th September. Quote looks much better at £446.58 for full cover with £0 excess.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Website is now accepting my reg as it's coming up to 3 years 28th September. Quote looks much better at £446.58 for full cover with £0 excess.
My Audis have been very reliable, but they're from a different generation (8P S3 & C6 A6). For £450 i'd say it's worth it. That's basically the price of a standard service isn't it?

Nem

Nem

Associate
Just bear in mind that is basically the same as any other extended warranty. you take your car to audi dealer, they inspect it and then they have to put a claim into the 'warranty company' to authorise the work. Usually need to take your car away for 1-2 days before its authorised, or not :(, and they rebook you back in to have the work completed.

Nem

Nem

Associate
Heated drivers side mirror stopped demisting on our A3 Saloon last year, took it in along with something else to just have it fixed, heating element had failed in the mirror, claim for the 'Glass' was rejected as the extended policy doesn't cover any glass and the dealer just said nothing more they could do. I had to ring the 'warranty company' myself and argue it wasn't 'glass' but a electrical heating element - electrics are covered obviously, and they finally instructed the dealer to carry out the repair.

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
you'd hope being Audi Dealer and Audi Extended Warranty it would al just tie up and they'd sort the paperwork and authorisation in the background, but they don't.

Currently experiencing this, car went in for an oil change service and investigation of something they picked up on the MOT test.

The thing that needs fixing has a book time of 15 hours, they said Audi are covering the cost of the part as ‘goodwill’ and that they were submitting it to the warranty con for approval on the labour.

Couple of days later get a text from the dealer saying after some back and fourth it’s finally been approved by the warranty co and they will look to get it done ‘soon’.

It went in two weeks ago, I’d hope I’d have it back by the end of this week as they also haven’t been able to give me a car to use.

Also, and I’m not sure if this is something I should be annoyed about or not (I’m not, but not sure if I should be?), we had a drive up just past the dealer the other night and could see my car parked out just in the public parking bays out the front of the showroom.

Now if there was a customers car in for some work, wouldn’t you expect it to be kept ‘out the back’ or somewhere more private? Concern would be the comings and goings of members of public and the risk for door dings etc, esp as they had some sales event on (which when they called me to ask if I was coming I politely said no as I can’t get there as you have my car ;) ).

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Had a text on Thursday saying they hope to have it ready by end of Friday.

Had a phone call Friday saying sorry not going to be ready until next week now.

I wouldn’t mind if they just said here’s the plan of when it’ll be ready and what we’re doing, but just feels like they have no plan and are just doing bits when they can which seems really poor from a main dealer.

I do not like dealing with Audi after sales!

Man of Honour
Your car has been in for 3 weeks for work that's covered under warranty and is by all accounts a major repair and they've not given you a courtesy car?!

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Your car has been in for 3 weeks for work that's covered under warranty and is by all accounts a major repair and they've not given you a courtesy car?!

Nope! Their service overall sucks as friendly as they are, I’m looking forward to my next conversation with them ;)

For various reasons I’ve not pushed them on it (other stuff going on needed to focus on and have another car anyway), but I fancy a nice discussion about it this week ;)

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Part of the warranty is to give you a car, they even have the option of ordering in a car to match yours if you wish...

"Please note that a courtesy vehicle needs to be booked in advance and cannot be guaranteed", from the warranty docs.

As said, I'm in a position where I can be a bit more vocal about this now, looking forward to it and the longer they leave it the better it will be ;)

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Dropped them a message tonight as still hadn’t heard from them, to be fair they got back to me at 7 o clock saying they can get me a car.

Now I’m wondering what the hell they are doing with mine that almost 3 weeks on they think giving me a car is the best option for now ;)

We shall see when I hear from them in the morning...

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
I didn't hear from them, chased it up and they did have a car ready for me, but I couldn't get there to pick it up (and they wouldn't drop off), so said if mine's almost done then no need.

Picking mine back up tomorrow!

So when I bought it originally from another dealer, when I got home I noticed a coolant leak. Took it to my local dealer who investigated and said sorry can't fix it under warranty as this has been caused by someone catching the pipe on something and splitting it. Turned out that the original dealer had fixed a leaky oil seal somewhere before I bought it (and I had no idea about it), and in the process caught the pipe. Anyway, that all got sorted with original dealer picking up the bill.

Fast forward 18 months, and it's the same oil seal that's gone again. Local dealer have said original dealer basically didn't do the job right so god knows if it's always been like this since I've had it.

Anyway, new dealer says it's all sorted now, 17/18 hours labour covered by warranty, parts covered under goodwill, and they are making the £300 oil service it went in for 'disappear' from the bill. I'm glad about the latter as I'd said when it went in, look if you're stripping it down and replacing the oil anyway why do I need to pay for an oil service :)

Shame about the poor comms from the dealer, but least it all got sorted and thankfully haven't really needed the car over the last few weeks. Makes me question do I even need it....

*edit* had a sheepish call an hour later from the guy there saying he couldn’t get the service cost waived but gave me £20 off the quoted price, great :/

Last edited:
Caporegime
*edit* had a sheepish call an hour later from the guy there saying he couldn’t get the service cost waived but gave me £20 off the quoted price, great :/

Useful!

Reminds me of what happened to me on Tuesday with my mother's Polo. Went to pick it up from the local VW main dealer after taking it in last week for them to replace the battery and check for any potential issues caused by it having been left to run completely flat during lockdown. Phone call telling me it was all sorted (and under warranty, which confused me, it's a battery that was caused to fail by lack of use, not a warranty issue), only to arrive and find out that they hadn't actually changed the battery despite having quoted me for the work and me agreeing to it, because the warranty wouldn't cover it they didn't bother :rolleyes: Instead they had "charged" it overnight and hoped for the best... it didn't start. They then proceeded to fit the new battery whilst I waited and I got told that they were only charging me 0.5hrs labour costs due to the "inconvenience", I politely pointed out that they had only taken 25 minutes to do the job, so charging me for half an hour wasn't exactly a discount!

There was nothing else they could do. Pathetic really.

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Got car back, they gave me some trinkets as an apology like an umbrella, cup, yay.

I'd been contemplating the need for keeping the car, driving the wife's the last couple of weeks when needed made me think maybe it was a waste having it.

Then I started it back up and had a nice drive home ;) I forgot how evil it sounds, and even compared to the wife's car how quick it felt so think it'll be staying for a while :)

nam

nam

Soldato
it is a pity we in the UK don't get the new S4 or S5 B9 petrol. The silky smooth V6. I still miss my 2018 B9 S4 :(. (some pics i posted in this thread)

The US and Europe however can get the S4 or S5 Petrol V6 ,

Back
Top Bottom