Show Us Your Motors!

Permabanned
Yeah very happy with it, just working on the minor steering wheel wobble judder now when gently pressing brakes, seems a very common issue of pad deposits and worn front thrust radius arms as main culprit, did some big brake sessions and does seem to have helped and orders fresh front arms, drop links and ARB bushes get front end back nice and tight.

Oh and I ordered a Supersprint F1 Race exhaust system. :D

Oooosh that v10 is going to sing gibbo we need videos

OcUK Staff
Looks like Interlagos Blue to me.

What a transformation Gibbo - I must admit I thought it looked absolutely awful when you first got it - it ticked every box for 'Things that go wrong with once great BMW's'.

Now it looks absolutely wonderful. And further outlines how awful black wheels are.

Yes it’s interlagos.

Black wheels have their place (rarely) but all shades of blue massively benefit bright silver wheels but just seems theme is gloss black on so many cars these days and gloss black is worse off them all.

Soldato
Sold my 130i

20200731_193607805_iOS.jpg

20200731_193615710_iOS.jpg

Permabanned
Yeah very happy with it, just working on the minor steering wheel wobble judder now when gently pressing brakes, seems a very common issue of pad deposits and worn front thrust radius arms as main culprit, did some big brake sessions and does seem to have helped and orders fresh front arms, drop links and ARB bushes get front end back nice and tight.

Oh and I ordered a Supersprint F1 Race exhaust system. :D

thats going to growl nicely :D

Associate
50180146367_aa22624bcb_c.jpg

Getting to a place where I'm quite happy with this now. Rear brake OEM overhaul next followed by some paint early next year.

Gibbo, your M5 looks so much nicer on the oem colour wheels, very smart.

Last edited:

NVP

NVP

Soldato
I never understood the appeal of the style 166, it's like they attempted a cheaper version of the MV2's.

Only my opinion, but the E60 was not a pretty car with it's bulbous and plastic-mould looking body thus requiring much more style on the accessories. The 166 were horrendous compared to previous alloys, the only plus was they were not made from sand(!), where as the 167 ensured the M5 had that extra special glint when steaming by :)

Edit:
Curiosity getting the better of me, what made you actively avoid M167 alloy wheels but not care about having a pre-LCI SMG-III gearbox?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom