Paint correction & ceramic coating cost

Caporegime
Have a go yourself maybe? I've done several cars over the years, mine and family. Just got a cheap DA. It will take hours to do. But will save you lots.

It will but its a soul destroying job which i hate. I even hate "properly" cleaning my car never mind spending 2 to 3 days detailing it!

Plus my time is more valuable to me than wasting 3 days on detailing ;)

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
10 week old here, having a shower some days seems to be a struggle ;)

Certainly no time in the immediate future to spend all day sorting out one of our cars let alone both.

Plus the chap will do a far better job than me.

Wife’s car will be done this week, then will likely get mine done not long after.

He said whilst the warranty from Autosmart only covers one car per bottle, there’ll be enough left over from her car to do another so he can do mine a bit cheaper on the coating cost. But mine will likely be more on the polishing/correction as it’s not brand new like hers.

Associate
I was thinking about getting a full correction and coating a while back, but after checking the prices decided otherwise - I was sure it was ~£400 previously (although from reading this thread it appears that some places still do it for around that) but the places I checked were asking for > 1k.
I have got a DA polisher, and have done a couple of panels in the past with some limited success. Will probably do the whole car bit by bit over the next couple of months (a panel or two each time I wash it) and just use wax for protection, particularly if the 5 year protection claims for ceramic coatings are BS.

Soldato
You don’t have to ceramic coat it, waxing is still a suitable way to protect your paint and make it look good. It’s certainly easier to do.

I personally would be sceptical of those who can wash/clean a car and properly correct the paint plus ceramic coating it for ~£400. Unless it’s a new car with fresh paint, or the guy is just starting out, it’s a very labour heavy task that can take days depending on the state of the car.

I use a guy who’s arguably the best in the business and he charges £300+ a day, with a full clean inside/out, correction and ceramic coating taking anywhere from 3+ days, depending on the car. But that’s wheels off, the who nine yards and he’s a perfectionist. I had him PPF my Cayman (incl correction & ceramic coat it), a year-ish on and it’s still perfect, not a blemish in sight.

Horses for courses. I have a 1.5 year old and I’m lucky to get a morning to jet wash wash my car every couple of weeks. At least when I do, all the crap literally washes off.

Back
Top Bottom