Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Well I spent yesterday cleaning the car. Have to say, it's the first real time I've properly used my clear water. WOW, worth every single penny! What a difference, and damn does it make cleaning much easier. Didn't have to dry the car.
I do live in a hard water area though (t-d-s of over 400!). Finished off with gtechniq p1 composite polish with a 3m green pad. It removed a lot of swirls, not them all, but definately much, much better.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm on the look out for a wheel cleaner - I know Bilt Hamber Auto Wheels is a favoured choice amongst these forums but I'm on the look out for a cheaper alternative (Because why not?)

I bought some bolt Hamber auto wheels and I have been absolutely gobsmacked by the results. It’s one of those things where you don’t realise how rubbish something is until you try something good, and the wheel cleaner really is. In fact, I’ve been blown away by all their stuff, for how cheap, good and long lasting it is.

Soldato
I bought some bolt Hamber auto wheels and I have been absolutely gobsmacked by the results. It’s one of those things where you don’t realise how rubbish something is until you try something good, and the wheel cleaner really is. In fact, I’ve been blown away by all their stuff, for how cheap, good and long lasting it is.

I agree, they do make some really good stuff

Soldato
While not a new new car, I've got a 2016 focus arriving this week and as it's a nice colour (deep impact blue) I'd like to get it looking as nice as possible. Would it be worth claying it before a two bucket wash and then polish?

Wash it before you clay.

Claying is a last stage decontamination technique to ensure minimal deposits remain on the car before you go blitzing it with a machine polisher and end up spinning tiny bits of debris around your paint rather than polishing compound. If you clay it before you wash it you'll just scratch the **** out of it. You'll probably cause microscratches by claying regardless but that's not really an issue because the point of claying is to prep for polishing.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I personally wouldn't clay it unless you plan to do some corrective work on the paint. Get something like Autofinesse Tripple or Autoglym SRP and that will make the car look lovely and shiny.

Soldato
I don't think I can recommend the Race Glaze water filter more highly!

First use today.
Snow foamed, jet washed, and then Race Glaze rinsed the wife's car. No bucket and sponge involved, no drying, and not a single water spot to be seen!

Snow foamed, jet washed and rinsed the STi with the Race Glaze... No water marks even on the dark grey paint.
So I proceeded to wash it properly, and I've got to say when you dry it now there's no risk of streaks, and it made waxing it even easier!

Not cheap, but highly recommend guys. Raze Glaze water filter ftw!

ACtC-3d9ZU2ne2vloM6Y-6bAk5WnvYa4gEowCjXFsOEi-vVc0BUPup2CguAKTRwbP4cNXeo4uDikpH4E2WTtuTMJel0Wb9dGMFO8uQMVMrYl2p_89-W-P_26Ri78O4HX170xMkXB6ZR4nxiR6n21icnjKnaL=w1082-h812-no

Associate
Glad you're pleased, they really are a great bit of kit. wish I'd got one years ago now!

You can pick up a TDS meter from ebay for under £5 so you can keep an eye on the PPM as the resin gets older. You're likely to start seeing light water spots around 20ppm from posts I've read.

(Interesting autocorrect there for T D S... I've no idea why that's filtered out!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom