• Digital Only Version

Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
What big announcements are people hoping for at this stage? We know the hardware and the games or some of? Do you mean release dates/price etc?
None now as Sony confirmed there won't be any.

I was hoping for least price, and exact games that we would have on launch

Soldato
Associate
Just means that the extra features that the new controller is bringing won't be available if you're using a DS4. Go watch the Geoff Keighly video demonstration (if you haven't already) of the Dualsense and what it is capable of. It really is something else. https://metro.co.uk/2020/07/17/ps5-...-hands-demonstration-geoff-keighley-13005624/ I'm at work so that's the only link I have that works from here.

Yeh I think that's fair enough, the controller looks the ****. Also the PS4 controller was compatible with PS3 but don't think it was the other way round due to the trackpad, so i'd presume the PS5 controller would be the same with PS4 too with minimal use going the other way.

Soldato
Just means that the extra features that the new controller is bringing won't be available if you're using a DS4. Go watch the Geoff Keighly video demonstration (if you haven't already) of the Dualsense and what it is capable of. It really is something else. https://metro.co.uk/2020/07/17/ps5-...-hands-demonstration-geoff-keighley-13005624/ I'm at work so that's the only link I have that works from here.

:confused: it means the DS4 will only work with the 'selected' PS4 back compact titles only, no PS5 titles which is a load of testes. Can they not write drivers :mad:

Associate
:confused: it means the DS4 will only work with the 'selected' PS4 back compact titles only, no PS5 titles which is a load of testes. Can they not write drivers :mad:

Potential for a load of hassle for devs and gamer. They could centralise a game around the DS5, but then they'd have to clearly state it's not DS4 compatible, adding another layer of confusion for the consumer.

Soldato
Potential for a load of hassle for devs and gamer. They could centralise a game around the DS5, but then they'd have to clearly state it's not DS4 compatible, adding another layer of confusion for the consumer.

Apart from adaptive triggers, a button has changed its name and the light bar have moved what is different? Devs accommodate games for flight sticks and steering wheels currently so how is it any different?

Soldato
Associate
If it were that low I doubt anyone would buy it. In fact, i'm still not sure who it's aimed at. Getting a drive-less PS5 may be a shade cheaper at launch but you'd soon regret it paying full wack for digital games (something that should be cheaper too).

Soldato
Can’t see a £100 price difference between the two myself. A drive does not cost nearly that much.

I was thinking £50 max.

No a drive doesn't but a far higher percentage of the games price going to Sony does, and as for a sony 1st party 100% of the sales goes to Sony, so you can see why they would want to make the digital version a more interesting deal.

Caporegime
Can’t see a £100 price difference between the two myself. A drive does not cost nearly that much.

I was thinking £50 max.

They have probably discounted the digital only version to push the abolition of private ownership. ;)

I can't wait until cancel culture reaches gaming services. :p

Soldato
What big announcements are people hoping for at this stage? We know the hardware and the games or some of? Do you mean release dates/price etc?

The nerd in me, even though I'd only understand a fraction of it, really would love to see the teardown in the same way as Xbox had done it with a few select Youtube channels, such as Digital Foundry.

Back
Top Bottom