Noble or Secret?

Associate
I bought the SecretLab Titan 2020 XL PU leather in March. After 3 months of use (typically 12-14 hours per day), it is a good chair but has its faults. When locked in position there is still a slight rocking motion of a couple of degrees which has been raised on here https://www.reddit.com/r/gamingchai...titan_wobbly_even_in_locked_position/four2vo/. There is also a similar kind of movement on the arm rest rotation. Are Noble chairs the same? Other than that, I find it very comfortable but over priced at £429.

Associate
Ordering the Noble comes without risk. There's a 30 day money back guarantee with orders through OCUK. They'll arrange collection.

SecretLabs only give you 14 days to test the chair. And you have to pay return shipping yourself. Given the weight, it likely won't be cheap.

That was the deciding factor for me. Had my hero for two weeks now and I reckon I'll bin the packaging with my next bin collection.
Still enjoying it?

Soldato
Still enjoying it?

Well I chucked the packaging :p

Overall I'm happy for the £279 I paid. Its comfortable, and at that price the build quality is quite reasonable. I have two qualms; the arms aren't as robust as they should be, and the warranty isn't good enough. With the arms, the joints for all of the adjustments rattle, and some of them slip (side to side and forward to back adjustments for the arm rests). And with the warranty, anyone involved with the brand will tell you that the product is really well made, will last ages, etc. But the warranty is only two years, and doesn't cover the upholstery. I find myself thinking, if they're so confident in their product then why aren't they backing it?

I'd buy it again at £279. But at £350, I'm not sure I'd be so keen. And at £579 (leather variants), the issues with the arms and the poor warranty would have seen me returning it.

Associate
The arms are just generic 4D armrests, almost certainly not designed by Noblechairs, they'll just be using existing parts.

Mine have some movement too but not during normal use, I can move them in the same way as described. Someone here got sent a new pair by OCUK after complaining and they said they still moved a bit but not as much.

You can also buy replacement 4D armrests for around £25 as most of these chairs all seem to use the same type.

As for the 2 years warranty, mines great after a year, but just before the 2 years is up I'll have a really good check over it to see.

Either way the good the arms are very cheap and easy to replace in the event they do loosen up even more.

Associate
Well I chucked the packaging :p

Overall I'm happy for the £279 I paid. Its comfortable, and at that price the build quality is quite reasonable. I have two qualms; the arms aren't as robust as they should be, and the warranty isn't good enough. With the arms, the joints for all of the adjustments rattle, and some of them slip (side to side and forward to back adjustments for the arm rests). And with the warranty, anyone involved with the brand will tell you that the product is really well made, will last ages, etc. But the warranty is only two years, and doesn't cover the upholstery. I find myself thinking, if they're so confident in their product then why aren't they backing it?

I'd buy it again at £279. But at £350, I'm not sure I'd be so keen. And at £579 (leather variants), the issues with the arms and the poor warranty would have seen me returning it.

The arms are just generic 4D armrests, almost certainly not designed by Noblechairs, they'll just be using existing parts.

Mine have some movement too but not during normal use, I can move them in the same way as described. Someone here got sent a new pair by OCUK after complaining and they said they still moved a bit but not as much.

You can also buy replacement 4D armrests for around £25 as most of these chairs all seem to use the same type.

As for the 2 years warranty, mines great after a year, but just before the 2 years is up I'll have a really good check over it to see.

Either way the good the arms are very cheap and easy to replace in the event they do loosen up even more.
Thanks for the insights both of you. Much appreciated. Did either of you swap the castor wheels for the hard-floor type that break once you're sat in the chair?

Associate
I too struggled with the Noble Vs Secretlabs for weeks, then I tried the ergo office route and tried both a leap and a humanscale freedom. I'm 6'3" and 110Kg with pretty broad shoulders. The Freedom just didn't fit me at all, it felt too snug and the armrests were too low. The leap was comfortable but it didn't offer any support for my neck and shoulders, luckily I was able to return them both. I was all set to purchase the Icon but was worried by the reports of the overly hard seat pad, when I read a review of the Arozzi Vernazza soft fabric which mentioned that it used a slightly less dense cold cure foam (70Kg/m3) for the seat base, so I took a punt. Got it for £290 direct from Arozzi in Sweden and I couldn't be happier with it.

It arrived by UPS 3 days after I placed the order, build was much the same as for all the other gaming chairs, took about 15 minutes. I checked it over with a fine-tooth comb, as Arozzi wasn't a company I'd heard much about and the build quality seems to be right up there with Noble etc. Stitching is perfect and the fabric is a really nice microfibre, almost feels like my Alcantara car seats. I'm surprised OC don't stock this as they do have the lower priced Arozzi chairs, guess they are concentrating on pushing the Noblechairs at the higher end.

Anyway, in conclusion, it's a great chair at a good price, comfortable as an armchair and I couldn't be happier with it (well maybe if it had 4D armrests rather than 3D)

P2wArPg

P2wArPg

Associate
I bought just had two Secret Lab chairs and a Noble chair. It was initially three Secret Labs but the service was so bad I cancelled the one that was waiting on stock.

On the chair's themselves both great and much of a muchness and I would give it by a whisker to Secret Labs for a better unboxing/build experience and just a better set of tools and the way it goes together (almost identical).
The other thing is that Secret Labs do fabric covers as well as the PU/Leather.

For customer service, hands down go with OC. The Secret Labs customer service is BAD. You have to rely on one day turnaround on emails, that miss half the points and give you half the information. I ended up using Facebook to keep poking them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom