Dead Matter

Associate
OP
Update from 17/07:

JULY 17 UPDATE
07/17/20
Hey Survivors,

Much like last week, I'll just jump right into the update. Thank you all so much for your continued patience and support!

Anything shown on this blog and on the vlogs is a work in progress.

Closed Alpha
Roadblock is nearly resolved! We have also implemented additional measures to prevent it from coming up again, especially after we launch. We're now fully focused on making sure that we've got all our key infrastructure in place for the launch of the Closed Alpha and we will be announcing a new date in the near future once we know for certain that the roadblock has been resolved. We really appreciate the patience everyone has shown us thus far and we're excited to dive into the Closed Alpha with our players.

Development
(not developmemt)

Nik Between being busy with moving, I've been working on perfecting the character LipSync system, which was a bit of a side project over the last couple of weeks for me. Currently we have audio pre-processed externally which we then bring the data into Unreal Engine 4 for playback, this means that we do not have to capture facial animation data, externally process and clean it up while maintaining a result that's considered acceptable.

I've also been working on polishing the character creation menu. Character Creation V1 as seen in Vlog 2: https://youtu.be/ulZJqPBTWnY?t=80 was out of date, especially the UI. We've also further tweaked our attributes perks and skills as well as how they interact with your character since our previous implementation. The only thing that is currently missing is appearance customization which I will be working on over the weekend.

Kyle has gotten lockable vehicles ready in time for the alpha, implemented an in-game feedback menu that will allow players to effortlessly send feedback directly to the development team, added server whitelisting, implemented Nomad's fortifications into the game, added safezone measures that force the player to lower their weapons when entering a safe area as well as making them invulnerable to damage while in safe zones, polished the random vehicle spawning system, as well as numerous bug fixes and polish-passes on other aspects of the project.

Nomad has continued polishing the fortification and utility assets that were shown in last week's post. These are the locked and unlocked variations of the security bar and chains:

N46tGOw.png oZlb0PB.png
The water collector has also gotten another art pass that includes an upgrade to add insulation to protect your water source from freezing temperatures. He has also added a small portable heater that can be used to regulate the temperature of player greenhouses year-round

LNuhodW.png
Gunschlinger has been polishing animal behavior, including the bear AI shown in previous update posts.

Rizz has added a unique variant of the katana that players can find in the world that looks worthy of any mantel.

eaHVHBT.jpg
Dogtooth has been working on blend maps for emotes, speaking transitions and emotions, fitting more player clothes to the models, and high poly models for the jersey.

CG9WRt7.png
Yitz (Marquis) has added the gun range. The gun range has been something shown as a testing ground for weapons in past updates, but now it has been polished and added for players to test the weapons of Dead Matter!

uzhnH5V.jpg 2Hr2uV8.jpg KHZSvyG.jpg Krg9M62.jpg 1JT7Kdu.jpg
Yes, that is a fire alarm trigger. And yes, it does exactly what you think it does. Dead Matter's premier self-loading-target-range!

gZtB9Tu.jpg
Alright everyone.

That wraps up this development update. Thank you all for your continued support, and we look forward to your feedback and chatting with you all.

If you're not a backer already and want to support the development of Dead Matter, you can back the project at the following links:

IndieGogo

or

https://qisoftware.ca/store

Even if you can't, or aren't comfortable with backing just yet, spreading the word to your friends and talking about the game helps all the same.

Thank you all again for your patience.

Plan accordingly,

Regi

Associate
OP
Latest update

JULY 31 UPDATE
07/31/20
Closed Alpha
I'm ecstatic to be able to tell you all that the dreaded Roadblock has been removed!

We are now wrapping up the necessary work to finalize the changes we needed to make. The 14-day countdown will begin toward the end of next week once we have confirmation from IndieGogo of the campaign end date. Once the countdown has begun, we will begin inviting our Partners to test the Closed Alpha before we start rolling out keys to our backers.

Important: After the countdown has ended, backing through IndieGogo will no longer be available. Those interested in backing and getting access to the Closed Alpha will still be able to back via https://qisoftware.ca/store.

We are also opening up Partner Applications again!

Interested Streamers and Content Creators can apply be contacting one of our Community Staff via private message after joining >Our Official Community Discord Server<. Applicants are required to have their relevant accounts (YouTube, Twitch, Twitter, etc.) linked to their Discord accounts in order to verify their legitimacy. We are looking for creators with at least 5k followers or subscribers, or outstanding Dead Matter content. We're looking forward to hearing from you!

Development
Kyle has been hard at work smashing bugs with the dedicated server systems, getting vehicle keys implemented so they work with motors as intended, improving the character creation experience, and setting up a readme for server owners to assist with server configuration.

He's also implemented the ability to hit and damage the Infected with car doors. Driver beware: this will damage your doors and potentially shear them off, leaving drivers open to attack inside their vehicles.

To play sound on these clips: right click -> show controls -> click the speaker button to unmute. Please remember that these are a work in progress, so sounds and animations are not final.

Nomad has polished up the home security system panel from the Kickstarter era. Similar to the fire alarms shown off in previous updates, players will be able to see the status of the alarm on the pan itself and turn it on and off if they have the code handy.

FxkmpS6.png
He has also begun work on another player base trap - the lawn mower trap:

EKpNLL9.png
Constructed from salvaged wood, a cannibalized lawn mower engine, and some sharp metal bolted to the top of the shaft, this whirling deathtrap is a welcome addition to deter unwanted guests. Be careful, though - the trap starts immediately when activated, so players will want to be prone before starting the engine.

Rizz has reworked the baseball bats to bring them to a more uniform quality and add more capability for modifications. Note: the gray models in the back of the image are works in progress.

gUQdesE.jpg
Hax spent the last week overhauling the first person hands, optimizing the glass materials, and adding a second mode to the "Shooter's Challenge" on the Shooting Range. He has also added weather support to the soundscapes on the map:

To play sound on these clips: right click -> show controls -> click the speaker button to unmute. Please remember that these are a work in progress, so sounds and animations are not final.

F34R, another of our animators, has completed some new animations for melee weapons:

Alright everyone. That wraps up this development update. Thank you all for your continued support, and we look forward to your feedback and chatting with you all.

If you're not a backer already and want to support the development of Dead Matter, you can back the project at the following links:

IndieGogo

or

Even if you can't, or aren't comfortable with backing just yet, spreading the word to your friends and talking about the game helps all the same.

Plan accordingly,

Regi

14 day countdown to closed alpha release due late next week.

Soldato
Latest update

JULY 31 UPDATE
07/31/20
Closed Alpha
I'm ecstatic to be able to tell you all that the dreaded Roadblock has been removed!

We are now wrapping up the necessary work to finalize the changes we needed to make. The 14-day countdown will begin toward the end of next week once we have confirmation from IndieGogo of the campaign end date. Once the countdown has begun, we will begin inviting our Partners to test the Closed Alpha before we start rolling out keys to our backers.

Important: After the countdown has ended, backing through IndieGogo will no longer be available. Those interested in backing and getting access to the Closed Alpha will still be able to back via https://qisoftware.ca/store.

We are also opening up Partner Applications again!

Interested Streamers and Content Creators can apply be contacting one of our Community Staff via private message after joining >Our Official Community Discord Server<. Applicants are required to have their relevant accounts (YouTube, Twitch, Twitter, etc.) linked to their Discord accounts in order to verify their legitimacy. We are looking for creators with at least 5k followers or subscribers, or outstanding Dead Matter content. We're looking forward to hearing from you!

Development
Kyle has been hard at work smashing bugs with the dedicated server systems, getting vehicle keys implemented so they work with motors as intended, improving the character creation experience, and setting up a readme for server owners to assist with server configuration.

He's also implemented the ability to hit and damage the Infected with car doors. Driver beware: this will damage your doors and potentially shear them off, leaving drivers open to attack inside their vehicles.

Nomad has polished up the home security system panel from the Kickstarter era. Similar to the fire alarms shown off in previous updates, players will be able to see the status of the alarm on the pan itself and turn it on and off if they have the code handy.

FxkmpS6.png
He has also begun work on another player base trap - the lawn mower trap:

EKpNLL9.png
Constructed from salvaged wood, a cannibalized lawn mower engine, and some sharp metal bolted to the top of the shaft, this whirling deathtrap is a welcome addition to deter unwanted guests. Be careful, though - the trap starts immediately when activated, so players will want to be prone before starting the engine.

Rizz has reworked the baseball bats to bring them to a more uniform quality and add more capability for modifications. Note: the gray models in the back of the image are works in progress.

gUQdesE.jpg
Hax spent the last week overhauling the first person hands, optimizing the glass materials, and adding a second mode to the "Shooter's Challenge" on the Shooting Range. He has also added weather support to the soundscapes on the map:

F34R, another of our animators, has completed some new animations for melee weapons:

Alright everyone. That wraps up this development update. Thank you all for your continued support, and we look forward to your feedback and chatting with you all.

IndieGogo

or

Plan accordingly,

Regi

14 day countdown to closed alpha release due late next week.

"Inviting" I will wait till you can download the alpha before I buy.

Soldato
From what I've seen it looks okay, I like how you can sopposedly take over any building and make it your base etc, but I've backed so many of these games now that either didn't get finished and completely abandoned by the devs or their anti cheat isn't up to par and gets rampant with cheaters, I most likely will avoid closed alpha, if they do an open alpha Il definitely give it a try.

Associate
Cannot wait for DM to launch, backed it with a couple of friends as we've previously put a lot of hours into Day-Z and Project Zomboid with the latter being an inspiration for the game.

Keys are going out early August, developers have been having a few legal issues due to trademark but they do not expect this to be a problem.

Indiegogo have stopped their backer campaign but I think you can still back through the official website.

Definitely one to keep tabs on, so far comms and development has been great!

Associate
Looks good.

Any idea "roughly" what the system requirements will be (min - ..)?

This is outdated, but if you can run PUGB you should be fine.

Minimum
unchecked-checkbox-16.png
Operating System: 64-bit Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10
Processor: Intel Core i5-4430 / AMD FX-6300
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 2GB / AMD Radeon R7 370 2GB
DirectX: Version 11
Hard Drive: ? GB

Recommended
Operating System: 64-bit Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10
Processor: Intel Core i5-6600K / AMD Ryzen 5 1600
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB / AMD Radeon RX 580 4GB
DirectX: Version 11
Hard Drive: SSD, ? GB

Soldato
If i buy the "Single action pack" does that get you access to it immediately?
Says July 2020 which is obviously gone but threes always a "catch" with these sort of backer things i usually tend to avoid them.

Soldato
Might get this in the morning when I finish, will check out some more gameplay, been a while since I've played this type of game I usually put a ton of hours into these looting etc.

Soldato
Decided to give it a shot,Bought the Single Action Pack which includes Closed Alpha key,When do you receive a key to play the game when the 2 days of backing runs out?

Back
Top Bottom