Pain... I've learnt about pain

Soldato
Was on painkillers and antibiotics for laceration and stitches but passed dark blood.

There’s pain, then pain on pain killers then there is shock - when it all goes cold and you have to be kept warm, your shaking uncontrollably.. the pain doesn’t register.

Having a op to clear the urethra of scar tissue to have a camera passed up.. Was child’s play (even bleeding an inch of coagulated blood into the absorbent undies) didn’t put me into shock like that before.

Caporegime
Also people who have never suffered hemorrhoids are so damn lucky.

I know it's an awkward topic but it really is something i'd not wish upon my worst enemy.... I had them really bad at one point in time. Not sure why. But effectively going to the toilet just re-aggravates them...

What I did was get a syringe and squirt olive oil up my ass. People can make a face/make fun of me sat at their pc im fine with that but by god did it work so well.... did it for a couple weeks 30 mins before going and problem resolved itself. Laxatives didn't help one bit.

Honestly, ocuk just keeps giving.

Soldato
OP
Also people who have never suffered hemorrhoids are so damn lucky.

I know it's an awkward topic but it really is something i'd not wish upon my worst enemy.... I had them really bad at one point in time. Not sure why. But effectively going to the toilet just re-aggravates them...

What I did was get a syringe and squirt olive oil up my ass. People can make a face/make fun of me sat at their pc im fine with that but by god did it work so well.... did it for a couple weeks 30 mins before going and problem resolved itself. Laxatives didn't help one bit.
Interesting approach.
I'll order some olive oil lol

Soldato
OP
Was on painkillers and antibiotics for laceration and stitches but passed dark blood.

There’s pain, then pain on pain killers then there is shock - when it all goes cold and you have to be kept warm, your shaking uncontrollably.. the pain doesn’t register.

Having a op to clear the urethra of scar tissue to have a camera passed up.. Was child’s play (even bleeding an inch of coagulated blood into the absorbent undies) didn’t put me into shock like that before.
The first poo on Thursday was cold sweat on floor in shock.

Soldato
For me it was when both my lungs collapsed at the same time (approximately 25% deflation) which caused a pneumothorax and air gathered around my neck and heart. It happened on a Saturday and I was finally admitted to hospital on the Monday after being repeatedly sent away from AE with bronchitis.

I was living at home at the time and my mum called our gp because barring the several trips to AE I hadn't been able to talk, move or sleep for 48 hours. When he arrived he went mental with the olds for not taking me to hospital lol. When it was explained we'd been about four times he wrote a letter and told to to go back and hand them it. I've honestly never seen a triage nurse move so fast, I was admitted within an hour transferred to the friarage hospital in Northallerton where I spent 5 days on a drip and nill by mouth (for some reason they thought I'd ruptured my asophagus).

The initial pain was insane but it was made considerably worse by the fact I could barely breathe and I would run out of air mid sentence. By the time I was in hospital I couldn't move my head due to the air that was in my neck and chest pain from it around my heart.

Soldato
OP
For me it was when both my lungs collapsed at the same time (approximately 25% deflation) which caused a pneumothorax and air gathered around my neck and heart. It happened on a Saturday and I was finally admitted to hospital on the Monday after being repeatedly sent away from AE with bronchitis.

I was living at home at the time and my mum called our gp because barring the several trips to AE I hadn't been able to talk, move or sleep for 48 hours. When he arrived he went mental with the olds for not taking me to hospital lol. When it was explained we'd been about four times he wrote a letter and told to to go back and hand them it. I've honestly never seen a triage nurse move so fast, I was admitted within an hour transferred to the friarage hospital in Northallerton where I spent 5 days on a drip and nill by mouth (for some reason they thought I'd ruptured my asophagus).

The initial pain was insane but it was made considerably worse by the fact I could barely breathe and I would run out of air mid sentence. By the time I was in hospital I couldn't move my head due to the air that was in my neck and chest pain from it around my heart.
Dude.
What did you do to cause it?

Soldato
Thanks for that.
Whilst I did have some Laughs. My arse now hurts more due to the tensing from laughter pmsl

I don't think people really realise how painful it is.

I've never had surgery there but hell do I know how painful said problem can be.....

Human body can be amazing, but for some odd reason i'm going to generate this giant log that can barely fit through said tiny hole. Oh painful? oops my bad.

Associate

When my friend had a collapsed lung I called the ambulance. Firstly the paramedic nearly killed the very old cat my friend has by scaring it to death. Then he tried to say nothing was wrong. Eventually they took him to hospital.

Soldato
I had a skin tag down on my thigh by my groin. I had tried the old "tie cotton around the base until it dropped off" technique but it was taking too long.

So I took my stanly blade out and cut it off and flushed it. That hurt quite a bit and there was a lot of blood. A few weeks later and you wouldn't know it was ever there :D.

My wife was most disgusted by my actions "omg you just cut a peice of you off!!" :D:D

Soldato
So I took my stanley blade out and cut it off and flushed it. That hurt quite a bit and there was a lot of blood. A few weeks later and you wouldn't know it was ever there :D.

My wife was most disgusted by my actions "omg you just cut a piece of you off!!" :D:D

LOL, thats exactly what I've been doing whilst "bored" in quarantine, loping off skin tags much to the disgust of others :D

Soldato

I think I need to squirt some olive oil in my eyes after reading that.

Associate
Thank you OcUK. Sat here at 5am crying with (sympathetic obviously) laughter.

Diagro, best of luck mister. IanH, you are a twisted poetic genius.

Soldato
In all seriousness, when i've had them in the past, it's mainly when I've been physically active (gym, martial arts), the doctor told me I was getting them through straining whilst exercising. They generally go if I use Anusol suppositories or the stronger stuff the GP provides, however, they're always in the background, one or two heavy drinking sessions away from rearing their ugly heads again. Funnily enough, I never had them when I flirted with vegetarianism.

Back
Top Bottom