What have you done to your car today?

Don
They weren't cheap, but I needed new discs and pads all round and that was a fair chunk of change so I just went full send :p It's amusing to see the idrive brake status, they currently need replacing in 150,000 miles :p

I have to say, they are fairly epic, the vert is a heavy car and whilst the standard brakes aren't bad, it thrives on CCBs

Soldato
They weren't cheap, but I needed new discs and pads all round and that was a fair chunk of change so I just went full send :p It's amusing to see the idrive brake status, they currently need replacing in 150,000 miles :p

I have to say, they are fairly epic, the vert is a heavy car and whilst the standard brakes aren't bad, it thrives on CCBs

Oh yes oh yes! Awaiting pics.

Associate
Plucked up the courage to upgrade the head unit ECU in my Mini Clubman to the latest version so I could finally get full screen CarPlay patched in. Longest 90 minutes of my life. Worth it though, makes far better use of that lovely large screen.

Soldato
Swapping fibreglass wings on the M3 as these ones are 15mm wider which should help avoid any rubbing on track.

116805872_423274411966294_8673674138779784651_n.jpg

Not cut fibreglass before but I know what the fibres are like for getting stuck everywhere. Need a hazmat suit and to dust sheet everything :D

Soldato
Swapping fibreglass wings on the M3 as these ones are 15mm wider which should help avoid any rubbing on track.

116805872_423274411966294_8673674138779784651_n.jpg

Not cut fibreglass before but I know what the fibres are like for getting stuck everywhere. Need a hazmat suit and to dust sheet everything :D
Cut it wet. Ideally you don't even want it travelling away from the work/airborne. It's not the end of the world for a little cut here and there but my experience has been 10cm strips, and I've had a couple of annoying shards :(

Soldato
Cut it wet. Ideally you don't even want it travelling away from the work/airborne. It's not the end of the world for a little cut here and there but my experience has been 10cm strips, and I've had a couple of annoying shards :(

Ah I didn't know it could be cut wet. I think I'm going to do it in a room where I can dustsheet the whole area like I'm planning on killing someone :p

Soldato
Took my 10yr old Focus in for MOT -Passed again with same advisory - Got a tint sun strip across top of screen - for the wife and myself who are a massive 5ft 6" in height it's fine - but Mechanic is 6ft 2" - I think he just does it for a laf.
One of the drop link I replaced 2 yrs ago has play in it but he didn't condemn it.

Soldato
Had a busy few days with the Cayman: Replaced AOS, both air con condensers incl a regas, front discs & pads, but in a Bluetooth adapter to the OEM head unit and finished of with tidying up the cloudy headlamps!

This inspired me to do mine today, which i've been putting off doing for a while - and they look so much better. I'd done them before but they needed doing again. Only needed a 1500 grit, 2000 grit then 3000 grit. Followed by polish on compound pad, then finishing pad. Took about 2 hours for both - well worth it.

Back
Top Bottom