Does this sound like your missus?

Man of Honour
My fiance is a doctor with a busier work schedule than me. But her 'relaxation' time is tidying the house from top to bottom, including all washing, loading dishwasher etc. She even encourages me to play a game while she does it.

Need to marry this one asap.
She won't behave that way once you're married with kids.

obgD455.png

Soldato
I do:

- Half the washing
- Probably about 80% of kitchen cleaning
- 100% of bins duty (don't all blokes?)
- 100% of the finance management (I'm 5 days / week, she's 2 days / week)
- 100% of the paperwork / office tidying - she literally opens letters, leaves them on the kitchen side, and then they disappear.
- 2 solid days of child care while she works
- All outside maintenance. She plants things and then it's up to me to make sure they stay alive...

She does:
- 100% Food shopping now it's online again (I used to have to go to supermarket when we couldn't get any slots)
- 99% Cooking (I work funny hours around covid so can't, even though I do enjoy it)
- 95% Bathrooms cleaning (I do it now and again, but she does it more regularly)
- Rest of child care
- Rest of house cleaning duties (vacuuming, dusting, all done probably 2-weekly)

I don't think it's a 50/50 split, but it works.

Associate
Considering my wife basically is the earner, works 12 hour days and then does the cleaning, washing, sorting of washing, doesn’t expect me to cook for her, sorts the bills, pays for most things. I can’t complain really. I do the garden jobs and keep the cars going :) - then I’m in the gym or gaming.

I do genuinely hope that this works for you both. I can't help but feel that, personally, I would feel a little infantilised by such an arrangement. As an adult, I take pride in contributing. I like that I am capable of pulling my weight, of being an effective half of a partnership when I'm in a relationship, even if the specifics of exactly who does what to make our household work might change from relationship to relationship. I'd feel like a young kid living with my mum if my partner did everything for me all the time. Even as a 10 year old I was making a contribution by doing my chores etc. I can't imagine not wanting to contribute and not feeling uncomfortable with an arrangement where I didn't.

Back
Top Bottom