Pain... I've learnt about pain

Soldato
OP
Today, I decided enough was enough, I stopped taking the laxatives.

To then be bombarded with 5 bouts of shocking liquid poo storms throughout the day.
Causing my arse to become so raw it's now bleeding.

Seriously what the actual heck?

I've adjusted my diet 4 days ago to what the doctor recommends. Cut out everything bad and have drank water only.
Fresh fruit and veg
Some brown bread
Chicken
Rice

Why is my body doing this to me?

*crys into pillow*

Associate
Considered juicing for a while, until everything down there heals and can be used without the searing pain? Talking about a proper juicing of veg diet, not just cracking on with a crate of Innocent smoothie for a week.

After a 90 minute nearly passing out loo session a couple of years back (rubbish diet and long working hours) I tried it and it was a revelation.

Edit: I say this as someone who is a proper meat eating carnivore not some mad vegan monk :)

Soldato
OP
Considered juicing for a while, until everything down there heals and can be used without the searing pain? Talking about a proper juicing of veg diet, not just cracking on with a crate of Innocent smoothie for a week.

After a 90 minute nearly passing out loo session a couple of years back (rubbish diet and long working hours) I tried it and it was a revelation.

Edit: I say this as someone who is a proper meat eating carnivore not some mad vegan monk :)
So, smoothies made from veg?

Got any recipes?

Associate
Google for Jason Vale recipes. He's kinda annoying, but a 2 week recipe guide is easy to do, just be prepared for a lot more veg than you expect. Be prepared that swapping juices for meals is mentally weird, but when you work out the sheer amount of nutrition you're shoving in, you don't feel hungry.

Also check out the video "fat, sick and nearly dead" (different geezer, an Aussie, Joe Cross) which you can find online without necessarily going thru the official website.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Well, that was super helpful my dear fellow.

How does one define them? :p

A smoothie is a whole ingredient which is blended.

Juice is just the water from the ingredient with all the fibre removed.

I'd say his advice to go on a juicing diet is just going to give you the runs.

Smoothies with a lot of water or milk will have the added benefit of all the good stuff in the veg and fruit.

I'd probably make a fruit smoothie using my nutri ninja.

However for a juicing diet you need a juicer they are very expensive for one that works well and you can use a hell of a lot of ingredients for a tiny glass.

So stick with stuff that's cheap and bulky like carrots, Oranges, etc. You can't juice a banana for example. But you can make a smoothie using one.

I'd do a combination of both rather than just juicing. Juicing is basically tropicana. Whereas smoothie is the thick innocent stuff.

Smoothie better if I had to pick one. Juicing is good for losing weight because it literally run through you.

Soldato
Just as an FYI, if you're worried about the lack of fibre content when juicing add either whole psyllium husks to the juice, or chia seeds, and stir them in.

It won't run through you, and I personally prefer the texture.

Associate
I'd say his advice to go on a juicing diet is just going to give you the runs.

That hasn't been my experience. Green poo was one experience, but not the runs.

Juicings still has some fibre in it. I'm only sticking this up there as a suggestion because unless diagro has been sticking things in the wrong direction, then his current issues are all from what's trying to come out the right way. By reducing that to the bare essentials (while still packing in the energy, vitamins, nutrients etc) his ass might get some rest.

Can't say I've tried smoothies so can't say better or worse.

Soldato
Well, as a younger man, I used to take far too long on the loo. Reading online comics and the like. After all Internet enabled phones were reaching the market.

Over time. This caused simple hemaroidal issues. Delt with with iceing.

Over time these episodes increased to several per year. Each time stretching the tissue around the rectum and inside too.

Ignoring medical advice on proper toilet etiquette continued.

Lead to total prolapse of hemmaroidal tissue each time I used the loo, I physically had to push it back in after each bowl movement.

Then it started to bleed. An estimated 100ml per bowl movement. Sometimes more. Leading to a low blood count and sometimes low blood pressure.

This is the second attempt at fixing the issue. Which included a few procedures at once.
Yea.. Bleeding has pretty much stopped.
The prolapse effect has stopped (they Stiched it all up). But this pain and burning At this moment I can say it wasn't worth it.

I'm sure in a week or two, it will have stopped, and my rectal tissues will have recovered. But for now. FML

I sort of feel your pain. I've got Crohn's Disease and I've ended up with a number of fistulas on my arse over the years. I've currently got what I'd call two and a half, as one is yet to rear its head. The other two have a seton in, which is basically a string that goes through the fistula and hangs out of my a-hole, which is entertaining...not as bad as you might think though.

In the past I've had it much worse. When I was 16 I had my first fistula and had no idea what it was. Just thought my arse was sore. They ended up digging a golf ball sized lump out of one of my bum cheeks just before it went septic I think. That's now happened probably 3 or 4 times, and every single time is absolutely terrifying. Going to the toilet then is an interesting experience...

I'm about to buy a bidet as I think that'll help the situation. Fortunately, my Crohn's primarily presents in the form of fistulas. I could be a hell of a lot worse off.

Best of luck to you dude. Pain eventually becomes a memory.

Caporegime

To then be bombarded with 5 bouts of shocking liquid poo storms throughout the day.

I've adjusted my diet 4 days ago to what the doctor recommends. Cut out everything bad and have drank water only.
Fresh fruit and veg
Some brown bread
Chicken
Rice

*crys into pillow*

Brown bread isn't actually that good for you. It's a highly refined product.

I'd recommend that instead of wiping your back side after a movement try jumping in the shower. That may prevent the bleeding.

Use the shower head to clean the area use as much pressure as is comfortable.

Did you invest in a juicer? Phillips ones look decent and prices are a lot better than the last time I looked which would have been 20 years ago. Plenty of unknown brands on amazon too.

I've got a nutri ninja for smoothies but I like the idea of fresh carrot juice and fresh orange juice. Possibly even apples and Pears but you never get that much juice from them and then the cost is really expensive for 1 decent sized glass.

Caporegime
That hasn't been my experience. Green poo was one experience, but not the runs.

Juicings still has some fibre in it. I'm only sticking this up there as a suggestion because unless diagro has been sticking things in the wrong direction, then his current issues are all from what's trying to come out the right way. By reducing that to the bare essentials (while still packing in the energy, vitamins, nutrients etc) his ass might get some rest.

Can't say I've tried smoothies so can't say better or worse.

Can you advise on some juicing recipes?

I'm going to look on YouTube but if you highly recommend it then would be interested in what you put in them.

I don't tend to like bitter drinks.

Soldato
Carrot, apple, celery and beetroot juice is my go to - around 6 carrots, 2 apples, 3 celery sticks and 1 big raw beet :D

I think I want to invest in a better juicer, a masticating one rather than the current centrifugal one I have.

Caporegime
I sort of feel your pain. I've got Crohn's Disease and I've ended up with a number of fistulas on my arse over the years. I've currently got what I'd call two and a half, as one is yet to rear its head. The other two have a seton in, which is basically a string that goes through the fistula and hangs out of my a-hole, which is entertaining...not as bad as you might think though.

In the past I've had it much worse. When I was 16 I had my first fistula and had no idea what it was. Just thought my arse was sore. They ended up digging a golf ball sized lump out of one of my bum cheeks just before it went septic I think. That's now happened probably 3 or 4 times, and every single time is absolutely terrifying. Going to the toilet then is an interesting experience...

I'm about to buy a bidet as I think that'll help the situation. Fortunately, my Crohn's primarily presents in the form of fistulas. I could be a hell of a lot worse off.

Best of luck to you dude. Pain eventually becomes a memory.

Care to elaborate on what is going on re fistula, seton and going to the toilet afterwards?

Does it just keep on re occurring and after treatment does the pain subside or is it always there?

How often do you require follow ups?

Feels bad man.

Soldato
Care to elaborate on what is going on re fistula, seton and going to the toilet afterwards?

Does it just keep on re occurring and after treatment does the pain subside or is it always there?

How often do you require follow ups?

Feels bad man.

Well you have to be cautious the first few times. The seton is fine being there now, never have a problem with it at all. I think the bidet will be a fantastic change though, it's not ideal that you're wiping something that's intimately connected to you.

If there's potential for you to have one, I wouldn't be overly concerned. It's annoying for the first week or so and then you just get used to it. I barely remember they exist.

With the setons in, the fistulae don't progress any further and eventually reduce, so certainly the pain subsides.

Follow up is basically only if I raise an issue.

Soldato

Fresh fruit and veg
Some brown bread
Chicken
Rice

*crys into pillow*

Sorry....but this had me giggling.

Liquid poo storms ahhahaa

Soldato

Fresh fruit and veg
Some brown bread
Chicken
Rice

*crys into pillow*

Like guy below says,

I would try a liquid diet, stick everything you eat into a blender and blend it thoroughly. Just until your ass problems get better.

I would also intermittent fast tbh.... eat less in general for the time being.

Back
Top Bottom