just ordered a rift S

Associate
now what? its arriving thursday, what are the must have games i should purchase? any tips/tricks i should know or free games/cheap bundles i should get floating around anywhere?

i primarily bought it for the upcoming release of ms flight and maybe some racing with a wheel as ive got a G25 up the loft. not dirt rally though as i have that on ps4 with psvr made me feel very sick, something along the lines of gran turismo which was a massive vr let down with only a couple of modes available.

Soldato
now what? its arriving thursday, what are the must have games i should purchase? any tips/tricks i should know or free games/cheap bundles i should get floating around anywhere?

i primarily bought it for the upcoming release of ms flight and maybe some racing with a wheel as ive got a G25 up the loft. not dirt rally though as i have that on ps4 with psvr made me feel very sick, something along the lines of gran turismo which was a massive vr let down with only a couple of modes available.

You'd probably get more of a response if you posted this question in the Virtual Reality forum. https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/forums/virtual-reality.168/

Soldato
Dirt rally with g25, wheel movement matched rl and ingame for me, 100% brilliant

Give flying a try, dcs world is brilliant in vr too, set the level sitting on the floor, then when flying stand up and enjoy wing walking >_<

Associate
Just got an index my self and I tried no mans sky this evening and was blown away by it.

I played a fair bit of it none VR and quite enjoyed it but trying it tonight in VR blew me away.

The scale of it is totally different the ships look huge, the cockpit looks amazing. To pilot your ship you grip the throttle and flight stick and move them. To get out there are handles on the canopy you pull.

Soldato
Try Dirt Rally on the Rift. I expect it was only the PSVR refresh rates/frame rates making you feel sick.
Dirt Rally on my CV 1 was the best game I had and one of the very few that made me not feel sick. It actually made the game easier as could judge corners better inside the car.
What GPU do you have powering the frames? I have been tempted to get a Rift again, if only for Dirt Rally it was that good.

Associate
OP
I think I have no mans sky on game pass ill give it a try as I've never played it. I tried subnautica from the game pass app the other day but somewhere the controls messed up.

So far I have played project cars 2 and that worked like a dream and looked amazing too although I don't get on with the way the cars drive in it. just realised I own dirt rally 2 so will install it and test it later hoping it is just the PSVR that was the problem. I've still not gone up the attic for my G25 as i have a massive garden project on at the moment. This thing is by far superior to PSVR I'm running it on a Gigabyte 5700 XT google earth, WOW

Soldato
It only jumps in to VR when you hit the race track, the game and all the menus fire up on your monitor.

If your VR is active it should just pick up in the hmd when the track has loaded.

Associate
OP
Yeah. That’s what I was expecting. Think I have a setting wrong somewhere as it works fine with everything else.
Dirt rally 2 is a lot less vomit inducing on the rift than psvr.

Back
Top Bottom