Transferring to a new host, can't migrate emails - GDPR?

Soldato
I'm looking at leaving Tsohost because I'm on an old Cpanel package and they won't upgrade it without charging crazy fee for a bigger package.

I'd like to move hosts, but Tsohost said they can't transfer emails over to a new package (or new host) for you, because of GDPR. Is this correct? What is the best way forward?

Associate
I'd second the keeping services separate as billysielu mentioned just from a ease point of view going forward. On the email front, looks like TSOHost supports IMAP so you could use that to do the migration (assuming the new service you are going to has IMAP support too)?

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the advice. Good shout.

Yeah it's IMAP. Just feel like a strange thing for Tsohost to say. I'm on a super old Cpanel package and I can't upgrade to a new package without migrating the entire thing. But they told me they can't migrate my emails and won't help due to GDPR.

Tbh Tsohost have done nothing to really help or try to keep me, thus why I'm looking elsewhere now.

daz

daz

Soldato
If you're on cPanel (and your emails are on cPanel) a full cPanel backup imported to a new hosting provider will bring across all of your emails, files, databases. I don't see what GDPR has to do with anything here!

If you're not on cPanel, there are ways using IMAP to transfer your old mail to a new provider - some hosts provide migration tools to do this, but otherwise you can actually do 'drag and drop' within your email client (e.g. Outlook, Mac Mail) to transfer from the old host mailbox to the new host mailbox.

Your new host are the people to speak to, they'll probably be dealing with refugees of Tsohost everyday at the moment.

Man of Honour
I'm looking at leaving Tsohost because I'm on an old Cpanel package and they won't upgrade it without charging crazy fee for a bigger package.
Out of interest which package are you on? Is it on cPanel or the Gridhost system?

Doesn't really matter either way, Imapsync will handle it and you can even do it online (privacy concerns not withstanding) - https://imapsync.lamiral.info/X/

I've seen people upgraded to their "new" packages but not realised about the paid email accounts, so make sure to confirm exactly what they're offering.

Izi

Izi

Soldato
just moved to 20i.com from tsohost - they have a cpanel migration tool built in, just give it you cpanel login and it migrates everything (email, website etc)

Soldato
I moved from TSO to Stablepoint and they handled everything for me. Moved over my entire cPanel and server contents including emails.

No issues with them since I've moved, but I still have random issues with the 1 domain I have with TSO. Time to move that over too it seems!

Associate
I am also dissatisfied with TSO Host and have migrated my website to a new server. My new emails are up and running, but the new host was unable to migrate all my emails from their original folders. Can anyone explain how this is actually done? I have seen it described online and on YouTube videos, but my TSO Host CPanel does not correspond to what I see there. I need a really simple step by step guide, if anyone can explain in layman's terms, please?

Permabanned
I am also dissatisfied with TSO Host and have migrated my website to a new server. My new emails are up and running, but the new host was unable to migrate all my emails from their original folders. Can anyone explain how this is actually done? I have seen it described online and on YouTube videos, but my TSO Host CPanel does not correspond to what I see there. I need a really simple step by step guide, if anyone can explain in layman's terms, please?

Export your mail using outlook and import it into the new host. That's if you use Outlook that is.

Back
Top Bottom