Noisy neighbour, playing guitar, drums etc!

Associate
Anybody who makes excessive noise in their house is pure scum.

Having a noisy neighbor is truly dreadful. Selfish swines.

Caporegime
Just LOL if you're not recording drums in your hallway because the reverb sounds just right and you then get sampled to death on a lot of records but your original is still the best one.

Noobs.

Soldato
I've been playing in bands since 1970 and moved into this house in 1983.
I bet my neighbour has never heard music coming from my house because I wear headphones.
I've even had my band practising in my house but we all go into a mixer and monitor on headphones.

You definitely are a respectable neighbour then.

There's surely nothing worse than being next door to someone bashing the **** out of a drumkit, no matter what hour it is.

Man of Honour
Really? You've never mentioned it :p :)

I keep it to myself, I only mention it when musicians are talking and there are none on here.

There's surely nothing worse than being next door to someone bashing the **** out of a drumkit, no matter what hour it is.

I'm watching football now with headphones on, there's no need to upset neighbours.

I hate those memes when somebody says "When I listen to <insert music> my neighbours do also", why would you do that to your neighbours?

Associate

I'd trade someone slowly getting better at music than neighbours rowing with each other about their own screaming kids.

Associate
Not exactly neighbors but we did have a group of guys hanging around the neighborhood near our fencing smoke fluf. That was a pain in the back because you don't really wanna mess around with the whole gang and because you live there with your family you're kind of in a tight spot. When we did have kids in the back garden we did politely ask them once or twice and thankful it worked.

Soldato
First port of call should always be a polite
Word with the person making the noise
If that gets nowhere then
As far as I know its not a case of between 7am and 11pm you are allowed to make as much noise as you like
Would be ludicrous if you could produce
200 decibels all day long
I forget exactly though 7~11 comes into it somewhere there's also what's called
A statutory nuisance which even if its
Between 7~11 can result in a noise abatement order
If it's bothering your mate speak to the neighbour first then if necessary speak to
The environmental health at your
Local council they would explain statutory nuisance better than I remember

Caporegime
Ask him for lessons. I've always wanted to learn to play the guitar so I'd be making the most of it tbh.

If it really bothers him then speak the the neighbour. Many problems can actually be solved with words, if that fails then report him to the council, maybe ask other neighbours if it bothers them too?

Soldato
When I practice my bass on my own I use headphones or have the amp turned right down to the point I know it isn't audible next door.

Maybe once every month I have mates round and we jam in the garage using an electric drum kit and amps. I'm in a semi detached house near the end of the street, and my place is the final residential building. There's commercial buildings on the side of the house where the garage is. In front of the house is a small park, and I've confirmed with my neighbour he can't hear it (although it's quite loud in my house). I still feel bad as the garage door doesn't really block much of the sound so I have a hard stop at 9pm. I don't think we're bothering anyone but if anyone asked us to turn it down I'd just start renting a rehearsal space. I can't be that guy.

Caporegime
I've been playing in bands since 1970 and moved into this house in 1983.
I bet my neighbour has never heard music coming from my house because I wear headphones.
I've even had my band practising in my house but we all go into a mixer and monitor on headphones.

How does this work? Surely the instruments make their sounds anyway? Or do you use electric stuff? I take it you guys don't use any percussion stuff then? Or do you have electric kit for practice and the acoustic kit for gigs?

Soldato
I have a neighbour who regularly plays music whenever its remotely sunny outside, why do people feel the need to play music loud enough for the whole street to hear? I'm all for enjoying the sun, BBQ's etc... but play the music at a normal level FFS! and whats with all the shouting? can't people speak at a normal level?

Soldato
My practice guitar amp is loud enough for me when its 1/4 turned up. This doesn't disturb my GF whos in the room next door in our flat. He must be slowly deafening himself if its that audible in your friends flat.

Soldato
My practice guitar amp is loud enough for me when its 1/4 turned up. This doesn't disturb my GF whos in the room next door in our flat. He must be slowly deafening himself if its that audible in your friends flat.
Mine will be disturbing my peace again this friday front door open also once again i got to go out always the same cd too :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:....................:(

Soldato
I hate those memes when somebody says "When I listen to <insert music> my neighbours do also", why would you do that to your neighbours?

I want my neighbours to know that The Who exist.

How does this work? Surely the instruments make their sounds anyway? Or do you use electric stuff? I take it you guys don't use any percussion stuff then? Or do you have electric kit for practice and the acoustic kit for gigs?

A drum kit would, but an electric drum kit would be perfectly quiet. You can't hear an electric guitar from more than a few metres away, and bass even less. You basically have to be standing next to it unless someone is slapping the **** out of it.

I'd worry more about vocals, but if all they hear is singing and some drum pads being hit then that sounds pretty quiet.

Soldato
Maybe it's not actually a legal thing? I know it's in my lease somewhere and perhaps it is in a lot of people's, but actual law, maybe not?
My memory sucks lol
It's something along the lines of between 7~11 you can make reasonable noise
And it would be legal ~ie not a matter for the police
Loud noise outside those hours I think can be a police matter
But statutory nuisance comes into it if
You are making noise that's detrimental
To the well being/health of your neighbours regardless of time of day
That's where environmental health comes
Into it
Though that's my recollection of it
Not a lawyer lol so may be wrong

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I play my guitar on a relatively high volume, but if a neighbour came over or mentioned it I'd reduce it a bit. Having a chat with the guy, can't hurt.

That said, I live in a detached house so it would be have to be pretty loud to affect them. If you happen to see the guy coming/going you could always phrase it as a tongue in cheek comment like "Heard you playing the drums, thought it was an earthquake lol!" and see if he gets the hint.

Soldato
I have a neighbour who regularly plays music whenever its remotely sunny outside, why do people feel the need to play music loud enough for the whole street to hear? I'm all for enjoying the sun, BBQ's etc... but play the music at a normal level FFS! and whats with all the shouting? can't people speak at a normal level?

Obviously they need to shout to be heard over the music.

Back
Top Bottom