One Plus Nord

Associate
Amazon and John Lewis both had it for £349 if you pre-ordered. The difference is that John Lewis actually had stock, whereas Amazon doesn't get theirs for another two weeks.

OP direct is £379 (hell of a deal considering the 4a is the same price for a lot, lot less hardware). I can't actually get over the differences.

SD730 / SD765
6gb / 8gb
1 front camera / 2 front cameras
1 rear camera / 4 rear cameras
60hz 1080p / 90hz 1080p
3,140ma / 4,100ma

You also get the warp charger 30, case and screen protector with oneplus

Looking into the latest rom and launcher, I think oneplus have finally gotten the edge over the pixel software this year. The nord also gets the google dialer, contacts and messaging apps which is the icing on the cake.

When you lay the specs out, it seems like a landslide for the Nord, but I’ve seen quite a lot of reviews now saying that the additional cameras on the Nord aren’t that good/useful and would take the 4a’s one camera over the multiple ones.

Add in that 6gb with the 730G gets the job done, 1080/60 looks great and the battery life on the 4a is very good.

Plus there will be a lot of people who (like myself) don’t really like the larger phones so it’s not that cut and dry.

Ultimately it’s great for us the consumers that there is such great choice in this range that will hopefully drive down costs for the flagship devices if more people go midrange for their phones.

Soldato
OP
been so close to the buy button on this. the more i read the more i want it too.

hows people been getting on with thi? hows the battery life been?

Soldato
I was going to say, nothing in that 9to5Google article mentions data being sent back to Facebook, and at least you can disable those services.
I agree it's annoying that these companies keep taking payments to install software into ROM that can't easily be removed, I believe it should be up to the user to decide what apps they install on their phone outside of critical system applications - but in reality, once you disable those services it's not going to cause any privacy issues. Unless someone uses something like Wireshark and can prove there's data being sent even when these services are disables.

Another +1 for Pixel devices, it's a shame there's no other option for a completely clean Android experience.

Soldato
I was going to say, nothing in that 9to5Google article mentions data being sent back to Facebook, and at least you can disable those services.
I agree it's annoying that these companies keep taking payments to install software into ROM that can't easily be removed, I believe it should be up to the user to decide what apps they install on their phone outside of critical system applications - but in reality, once you disable those services it's not going to cause any privacy issues. Unless someone uses something like Wireshark and can prove there's data being sent even when these services are disables.

Another +1 for Pixel devices, it's a shame there's no other option for a completely clean Android experience.
No device has perfect software. Pixel is clean yes but its far too bare bones feature wise.

And like I've said, once you install WhatsApp you're in Facebooks pocket anyhow.

Back
Top Bottom