Gordon Murray T50

Soldato
If you have the cash it's a great investment. It will only go up in value and probably to silly money like the F1.

It could be THE best car of all time. With everything going electric and digital this won't be beaten now.

Last edited:
Associate
In one of the interviews he commented on that saying the manufacturers could make it subtle like he does, but want big wings and gashes etc because it's basically fashion. It's gone over the top on many modern performance/supercars.

And I agree with him. I just think the overall shape could do with a bit more 'muscle'.

Soldato
I think that thing is EPIC. Definitely would be something on the 'To Buy' list if a lottery win came my way...

I wish more designers would think like Gordon when it comes to the basics though. Such a great mind for cars.

Soldato
Over a manual, they add about 10-15KG? Gordon states a 'couple of kilo' in one of the videos in the opening posts, although I can't remember what box he was comparing to the manual.

daz

daz

Soldato
I think it looks incredible. If the Euromillions came in I think i'd be considering it, more than a Koenigsegg or Valkyrie or AMG:One.

Much more than a lot of the other 'hypercars' (apart from perhaps the 918 Spyder?) this looks like a car you could live with for the rest of your life if you wanted and actually DRIVE rather than it sitting in a humidistat controlled garage.

Soldato
And not to mention the fact that most super/hyper cars are just WAY too powerful. Most Ferraris and Lambos are chucking out about 7-800 bhp now, who the hell is going to be able to use that?!

And then you get on to Koenigseggs, at over 1000bhp. Yes they are incredible works of engineering, but again.....same issue.

I didn't actually see most of these videos.....what's the power output of the T50? Does it run yet, or still a prototype?

Soldato
I still cannot get my head around the response rate of the engine.
The revs rise at 28,400RPM/sec. Which means it will hit it's 12K redline in 0.4 seconds?

Mind boggling.

Soldato
I think these types of low volume manufacturers could be the answer for a lot of problems within the car industry. Hopefully the T50 is just the first car from GMA. A spiritual successor to the Esprit 300 sport would be amazing.

Back
Top Bottom