Zen internet FTTP package upgrades...

Soldato
OP
Ok guys update time ;)

I guess there is progress happening now but still no idea when i will get the regrade complete lol
here is the email i got :,

Dear xxxxx,

Thank you for ordering a Residential FTTP to Full Fibre Regrade
Your service changes will take effect at a time between 8.00am and 11.59pm on the date shown below:
Your order
Minimum Contract Period: 24 Months

Date Order Placed: 15-Jul-2020
Order Number: xxxxxxxx
Existing Zen username: zenxxxxxx@zen
Phone Number:
New Product: Full Fibre 900

Your order is currently being processed and a work request has been placed with BT so that your service can be regraded at the local exchange.

We will contact you as soon as we receive a confirmed date for your regrade, using the email address provided with your order. Upgrades are typically completed within one business day. Downgrades should complete on your next billing date.

---

So does that mean that, or am i reading this right that my regrade should be completed within one day ???
no idea lol

and also there is a change to my order tracking information on zen portal saying..

--

Work in progress, since 15/07/2020 13:29
Wait for KCI-2 - IN PROGRESS FOR 4 HOURS
Last Escalation: AMBER on 17/07/2020

and according to a google search KCI-2 is one step away from order completion ? i guess im waiting on a Openreach guy to go to my Local Exchange to complete order.

--

Dam i sure hope thats today sometime lol
or this week at least i hope its done by the weekend...

can anyone tell me how long it took for there orders to complete once there status changed to KCI -2 ?????

Soldato
OP
On my regrade completed today :)
but im not seeing the results i had hoped for. lol

im getting full 120mb upload
and about half my downnload speed 534mb from some tests and from other tests im getting random inconsistencys as high as 680mbs download lol
i cant find a download test that is super consistantly always getting me 900mb download all the time.

i thought it might have been my router RT_AC88U asus that was not up to the job of these speeds
so i plugged in the fritz box that Zen said would be 100% compaitble as its there router of choice and im getting the same results as i had with the asus router
i have reset the PON and it made no difference i contacted Zen and they said my profile was correct and the work was completed,

they said if they cant sus this out or me that i had to phone them back to get a OPEN REACH engineer vist...

anyone have any idea`s

all my ports are 1000 full duplex.

Soldato
OP
Connect your PC directly to the ONT and dial a PPPoE connection

Same results posted above, was done also with zen on the phone to verify speeds hence he told me he would be booking out a vist on monday from a open reach engineer so they can test speeds with there equipment onsite.

Soldato
OP
I find the Tele2 speedtest site to be very reliable. Generally I'll use wget piped to /dev/null on a Linux box but either of the options they offer have given me reliable download figures.

ok this is strange i tested your website speed test and its giving me higher download speeds than any other speed test site, like speedtest.net or fast.com and even zens own speed test site.

here is a image can you tell me if the download speeds look correct 900mb down as i cant tell as the speeds shown are in mb/s lol

New-Bitmap-Image.png

Caporegime
Same results posted above, was done also with zen on the phone to verify speeds hence he told me he would be booking out a vist on monday from a open reach engineer so they can test speeds with there equipment onsite.

Set an alarm, get up at 6am and try again. I doubt this is an Openreach issue.

Soldato
ok this is strange i tested your website speed test and its giving me higher download speeds than any other speed test site, like speedtest.net or fast.com and even zens own speed test site.

here is a image can you tell me if the download speeds look correct 900mb down as i cant tell as the speeds shown are in mb/s lol

New-Bitmap-Image.png

The speeds are there or there abouts. For comparison if I averaged 103Mb/s downloading the 10Gb test file:

Code:
[root@pihole2 ~]# wget -O /dev/null http://speedtest.tele2.net/10GB.zip
--2020-08-06 06:50:34--  http://speedtest.tele2.net/10GB.zip
Resolving speedtest.tele2.net (speedtest.tele2.net)... 90.130.70.73, 2a00:800:1010::1
Connecting to speedtest.tele2.net (speedtest.tele2.net)|90.130.70.73|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 10737418240 (10G) [application/zip]
Saving to: ‘/dev/null’

/dev/null                     100%[=================================================>]  10.00G   103MB/s    in 1m 41s

2020-08-06 06:52:14 (102 MB/s) - ‘/dev/null’ saved [10737418240/10737418240]

[root@pihole2 ~]#

The fact that you can gat around those speeds makes me think that your internet connection is fine and that the speed tests you've been doing are the issue. I'm not a fan of speed test sites for that exact reason, they're very variable and inconsistent. Fast.com is expecially crap, on several times it's told me that I'm able to pull > 2Gbps through my 900Mbps FTTP connection.

Can you put the Zen router back in and do the same test?

Soldato
My 1gb service with BT goes live tomorrow and i am leaving Zen on bad terms. They never called back to sort the issues ive been having for the past 3-4 months with their services and even their higher tier tech support couldnt find the time to help.

10 months into their contract and i will never again use their services, communication is a huge problem and no one seems to know what they are doing, when i get through to support 9 times out of 10 they cant answer my questions and fob me off.

Good luck to anyone wanting their support as if its anything like what ive had its extremely poor.

Back
Top Bottom