The anime thread sequel (it's still not as good as the Manga though),

Commissario
OP
Just started watching Tordora, WTF is this? And why am I laughing so much? I absolutely love it so far (7eps in). It has no fighting, no heroes, no fan service, but it’s so good! Lol
It is rather good fun, I just finished watching it for the first time in a few years and I'd forgotten how funny it was, and indeed that it is a proper 24 episodes long:)

Caporegime
It is rather good fun, I just finished watching it for the first time in a few years and I'd forgotten how funny it was, and indeed that it is a proper 24 episodes long:)

Finished it, nicely wrapped up. I like it. I always knew there is this genre in anime but never seen one like it. Got any other similar ones like it you can recommend?

Soldato
Toradora is good, I have the old two volume US NISA US special edition release with the artbooks.

Working my way slowly through Fate Zero at the moment. Actually preferring the old Fate Stay Night at the moment but we'll see.

And trying to put a dent in my manga backlog.

Associate
ATA just announce that they be taking pre-orders for gundam seed ultimate edition from 28th of august. collection has december 7th released date. collection will include the HD remaster version as well as the original version, plus ova and 3 movie. a new English dub as been created for the 3 movies as well as for the remaster version.

https://blog.alltheanime.com/gundam-seed-ultimate-edition/

Soldato
Watched season 4 of Seven deadly sins on Netflix and it felt like it's missing the second half as it ends after 24 episodes leaving it wide open in the middle of a running storyline.
Started Watching Baki, The first anime Ive watched in some time, The animation looks so great, I had forgotten how good animes could be when done right.

I had a quick watch of trigun and saiki k reawakened will catch up later.

I sill have season 4 of Seven deadly sins and kengan ashura to watch but other then that I cant think of any decent anime.

Any recommendations let me know

Soldato
Started Watching Baki, The first anime Ive watched in some time, The animation looks so great, I had forgotten how good animes could be when done right.

I had a quick watch of trigun and saiki k reawakened will catch up later.

I sill have season 4 of Seven deadly sins and kengan ashura to watch but other then that I cant think of any decent anime.

Any recommendations let me know

Shows on Netflix worth a watch:

Devilman Crybaby,
Dorohedoro,
BNA,
Neon Genesis Evangelion + films,
FullMetal Alchemist Brotherhood,
Castlevania,
Is it wrong to try pick up girls in a dungeon,
One punch man,
Parasyte,
Adventures of Sinbad,
Beastars,
Jojo bizarre adventure,
Kakegurui,
Death Note,
Siruis the Jaeger,
Black Lagoon,
High School DxD,
Code Geass Lelouch,
Deadman Wonderland,
Transformers War for Cybertron (Part 1 just released)
Fate Stay series,

Caporegime
Watched season 4 of Seven deadly sins on Netflix and it felt like it's missing the second half as it ends after 24 episodes leaving it wide open in the middle of a running storyline.

I know what you mean, just finished it. I also don't like the instroduction of the middle child all of the sudden came out of nowhere 2 episodes to go and became the big bad for the end of this season.

Didn't engage with S4 at all.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Anyone caught up with The God of High School? Pretty good, typical hero's story as he goes through his journey facing challenges to become the strongest fighter in the world and win the GoHS event.

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone caught up with The God of High School? Pretty good, typical hero's story as he goes through his journey facing challenges to become the strongest fighter in the world and win the GoHS event.

Been watching it weekly as it's the second Crunchyroll show after Tower of God. It's been good so far.

Associate

just in case you not aware Netflix Baki can be watch as a standalone series but it is in fact a sequel to the original "Baki the grappler" series as the Netflix baki take place after the end events of Baki the Grappler series.

Soldato
just in case you not aware Netflix Baki can be watch as a standalone series but it is in fact a sequel to the original "Baki the grappler" series as the Netflix baki take place after the end events of Baki the Grappler series.
Ive already watched it but thanks for letting me know.

Soldato
Been watching it weekly as it's the second Crunchyroll show after Tower of God. It's been good so far.

I've read a fair amount of the web-series it's based on.

It ends up becoming pretty insane, it's extremely tame at the moment compared to where it'll go. It's a lot of fun though, I'm enjoying it so far and I really liked Tower of God. I think Crunchyroll is really onto something by animating some of the better web comics.

Commissario
OP
Finished it, nicely wrapped up. I like it. I always knew there is this genre in anime but never seen one like it. Got any other similar ones like it you can recommend?
I can't really think of much similar to it, as most of the ones that I can think of would be more harem related, or more serious.

On a completely different note, anime-on-line are doing a sale on some of their collectors editions sets, iirc 60% off RRP, so things like flipflappers and Girls Last Tour for ~£30ish.

Soldato
I'm looking for an anime from early 90's but it could be older than that, I got it on VHS from the local market, no idea the name but I vaguely remember it had this girl who was a cyborg, but she didn't know she was cyborg, she was deactivated but found by someone (maybe he was scientist ?) it was on Earth and there were monsters attacking, she ended up fighting the monsters but getting torn up in the process so she had to get repaired before fighting them again and winning

Bit of a long shot but that's all I really remember and it was probably a really obscure low budget anime and it was probably nothing like I described but it's a really vague memory

Commissario
OP
Blue Sonnet?
It's been probably 20 years since I saw it, but that might fit as IIRC she was a cyborg who didn't know what she was at first.

I don't think Project AKO would fit, although it's the same time period and the main character was a cybrg/superhuman who i don't think knew it at first.

Otherwise Armitage 3 might do it, if the girl wore red leather, but iirc that was set on mars (or one of them was).

I've been thinking about it for about an hour as it's bugging me, I think I should know it.

Soldato
Shows on Netflix worth a watch:

Devilman Crybaby,
Dorohedoro,
BNA,
Neon Genesis Evangelion + films,
FullMetal Alchemist Brotherhood,
Castlevania,
Is it wrong to try pick up girls in a dungeon,
One punch man,
Parasyte,
Adventures of Sinbad,
Beastars,
Jojo bizarre adventure,
Kakegurui,
Death Note,
Siruis the Jaeger,
Black Lagoon,
High School DxD,
Code Geass Lelouch,
Deadman Wonderland,
Transformers War for Cybertron (Part 1 just released)
Fate Stay series,

Dont forget Hellsing has just been added. I watched it through again this weekend and still loved it. Although the audio on episode 4 is messed up. The English 5.1 Dub is Japanese and the standard stereo is out of sync by a second and a half. Had to watch it in Japanese with the subs. No biggie as i think i originally watched it like that when it came out years ago.. That said the English Dub and Voice acting is superb imo.

Back
Top Bottom