What's your flow rate?

Soldato
OP
The reason I made this thread is I'm running 3 x 360 radiators

1 x XSPC TX 360
1 x EK PE 360
1 x EK XE 360 (external rad out of boredom)

Only the CPU block is currently connected.

With an EK Quantum TBE 140 which is capable of 25L/Min

80% I get 3.7 L/Min or 1 G/Min

100% I get 4.5 L/Min which is 1.19 G/min.

I'm happy with the temperatures I'm getting which is the overall aim but my loop must be quite restrictive as I expected flow to be higher.

Man of Honour
I have a pair of Alphacool VPP655's (D5 vario) in series pumping fluid through a Alphacool Eisblock XPX (extremely restrictive), Aquacomputer GTX1070/1080 full cover gpu block, 2x Hardware Labs GTX 280 rads, big inline filter and back to a XSPC Photon 270 res. For the brief time I had a Barrow OLED flowmeter before it failed I was getting a flow rate of 4.8 litres per minute with both VPP655's set at max. It should be mentioned that due to my radiators being mounted in a box on a windowsill my loop is stupidly long at around 10-12m of tubing/hardline/12mm copper pipe which does have a impact on flow rates. From the little testing I have done on flow rates it doesn't have much of a impact on temps in my loop.

Soldato
From what I have experienced, flow rate, if above 0.5 G/min doesn't make much of a difference, after 1.5 G/Min there are diminishing returns.
Often its not just the flow rate but other components, restriction, how much time the liquid stay on heat exchange surface etc matter.
I just have a single Alphacool 360 slim RAD on a CPU only loop with a single D5 on full and getting 0.9 G/min. Loop is short, but have 90 degree connectors/bends - which effects the flow rate.
Before I had both CPU and GPU on a 360 + 240 Monsta RADs with dual D5s serial and had about 1.4 G/min on both pumps 100% but I reduced it down till I got 1 G/min so that the pump noise/vibration is reduced. There was no temp difference I could see.
But having both pumps at full did help the process of getting rid of the bubbles faster!

Don
Mines 4.5l/min with a single D5, 2080Ti block and a Raystorm CPU block cooled by 2x12 Cape Cora passive radiators in parallel (each individual tube is in parallel as well).

Measured using an Aquacomputer MPS Flow 400 flow element.

Soldato
With pair of D5s in series at 58%, about 2.7l/min. Can go up to around 3.9l/min at 100%

loop is pretty complex though, 3 GPU blocks in parallel config, cpu block, radiator, external 720mm radiator, 20x90 degree fittings, external radiator location means water pumps up around 1m from floor etc. Could optimise flow pattern, but looks over absolute performance and temps are in check anyways so meh.

Associate
i get 1.1gpm
2x D5 pumps, 3x360 nemesis rads, 1x240 80mm rad, 2 vega full blocks, and a mono block for mobo/cpu, plus a flow meter, couple drain ports, bunch of T connections for sensors
but as above, i think over 0.5 is fine and not worth aiming for above 1.5, so i went with 1gpm and i have alarms if it gets too low or too high to alert me to potential issues
remember speeds change as it gets hotter, think i get a low around 0.8 high is 1.3 when im cooking the loop around 35c

Back
Top Bottom