Poll: British Grand Prix 2020, Silverstone - Race 4/?

Rate the 2020 British Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Crofty: "The first and probably only 70th Anniversary GP..." well, yes. That's how anniversaries work you absolute walnut.
Watching Ch4 last week and you really see how absurd his screaming and constant stream of BS truly is.

It’s got to the stage where his voice is echoing off the walls when he’s shouting. “Omgwtfbbq someone ran wide at turn 1!!!”

Soldato
I must be one of the few that doesn't mind Crofty. Though I did enjoy watching the C4 product last week.

DC, Brundle and Jake Humphrey was probably my favourite F1 presenting team in a while. If we could've had them with Webber, Karun and Ant I'd be pretty chuffed.

Soldato
I generally don't mind him, but find it annoying when he goes off on some random tangent in a race commentary about something completely unrelated to the race, or even motorsport, and Martin has to pull him back on topic.

I get that some don't like his excited exaggeration of both big incidents and non-events, but from what I've read before it's partly down to FOM. As he's the lead English commentator for the world feed he gets direction from them about how they want him to present the action. If you refer back to his demeanor when he was the F1 commentator on 5Live he wasn't nearly so over the top.

Caporegime
I must be one of the few that doesn't mind Crofty. Though I did enjoy watching the C4 product last week.

DC, Brundle and Jake Humphrey was probably my favourite F1 presenting team in a while. If we could've had them with Webber, Karun and Ant I'd be pretty chuffed.

Karun is awesome. Would love him on the C4 show.

For me C4 has right balance of fun and serious.
And I love DCs endless innuendo during the race.

Also love that C4 is highlights. Makes f1 much less boring

Man of Honour
Those softs are seriously blistering and disintegrating. The merc is destroying the fronts. Don’t think we’ll see the softs again, it doesn’t even last a lap, not even 2 sectors.

Man of Honour
Turns out RP’s Pink Mercedes copy actually has real Mercedes parts which should be RP’s own designs and Renault’s protest just got upheld.

400,000 Euro fine and 15 points deducted, but they are allowed to keep using them

Although the design process has been declared illegal, the stewards ruled that Racing Point are able to run the brake ducts for the rest of this season.

The penalty "covers the entire process of (non)-designing of the brake ducts and making them available for use during the whole 2020 season", even though their use "remains an infringement" of the regulations. The points deduction and fine are considered to be a sufficient punishment for the offence.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/53693249

Soldato
Turns out RP’s Pink Mercedes copy actually has real Mercedes parts which should be RP’s own designs and Renault’s protest just got upheld.
That is not correct, RP got the design from Merc last year when permitted, in 2019. They used the front ducts so could again use them this year, they didn't run the rears last year but fitted them to this years car, therefore making them essentially illegal.

Soldato
Watching Ch4 last week and you really see how absurd his screaming and constant stream of BS truly is.

It’s got to the stage where his voice is echoing off the walls when he’s shouting. “Omgwtfbbq someone ran wide at turn 1!!!”

Why don't they just turn the volume of his monitors up much louder than Martins. That way he will naturally lower his voice. Though you wonder if he even has his monitors in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom