LG 27gl850-b broken

Associate
I haven't used the monitor for a few days. Then I booted up my pc and was just logging into windows when...

https://ibb.co/r7tqzTT

It happens on my new ryzen pc connected via dp and my old pc connected via hdmi and even when nothing is connected. Is there anything I can do or is it time for an RMA back to OCUK?

Soldato
I get that on my LG ultrawide but its out of warranty now, try tapping it on the back and see if it goes away for a bit (works on mine, probably a dodgy connection inside).

It you get corruption on the monitor menus with nothing else plugged then it is faulty and needs to go back.

Associate
I haven't used the monitor for a few days. Then I booted up my pc and was just logging into windows when...

https://ibb.co/r7tqzTT

It happens on my new ryzen pc connected via dp and my old pc connected via hdmi and even when nothing is connected. Is there anything I can do or is it time for an RMA back to OCUK?
If it happens when nothing is connected it seems to be an hardware issue, I'd RMA it

Associate
I get that on my LG ultrawide but its out of warranty now, try tapping it on the back and see if it goes away for a bit (works on mine, probably a dodgy connection inside).

It you get corruption on the monitor menus with nothing else plugged then it is faulty and needs to go back.
Such a shame, looks like monitor quality is questionable these days. How long is LG monitorwarranty for?

Associate
yeah I mean they can always replace it for you but then i'd imagine you'd have to wait out the RMA replacement process

Associate
OP
Ocuk advise to send it back to LG. I would have thought ocuk would simply replace or refund me for a 3 month old monitor. Oh well. I'll be buying from amazon next time .

Soldato
Ocuk advise to send it back to LG. I would have thought ocuk would simply replace or refund me for a 3 month old monitor. Oh well. I'll be buying from amazon next time .

That does seem a bit rubbish, 3 months old I'd want a new replacement not a fix. I could understand say after 12 months being told to go to LG.

Associate
Yeah would be nice to just return to OCUK but yeah if LG can do a quick turnaround then its not too bad.

Back
Top Bottom